User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    Another tip:

Best way to learn is to practice, not read forums.
    Great one ^^
    But this forum helps me a lot
    Vielen Dank!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hay..
    i'm a badminton lover! i love to play Badminton so much..
    i ever dreamed of becoming a badminton athlete but the problem is i'm already 16 n it sound too late to start playing in my age now.
    is it possible that if i start work hard from now on, i will become an athlete someday??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jebluexie View Post
    Hay..
    i ever dreamed of becoming a badminton athlete but the problem is i'm already 16 n it sound too late to start playing in my age now.
    is it possible that if i start work hard from now on, i will become an athlete someday??
    Just because you are 16 doesn't mean you are too late. You can join the international player at the age of 24 if you were good enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16 isn't to late to start playing, I started at 18 at university and haven't looked back since, although I'm not amazing compared to the 1st team I'm getting closer to the 2nd team now. That's only after 1year and 9 months so if you enjoy it and train lots any thing is possible (with coaching at times).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because you are 16 doesn't mean you are too late. You can join the international player at the age of 24 if you were good enough.
    16 isn't to late to start playing, I started at 18 at university and haven't looked back since, although I'm not amazing compared to the 1st team I'm getting closer to the 2nd team now. That's only after 1year and 9 months so if you enjoy it and train lots any thing is possible (with coaching at times).
    oww.. that sounds great!! so what shall i do now?? take a coach with somebody. hmmphh... but the problem is, i'm now in indonesia n i ever heard that if u want to become a badminton athlete here in INA u 've to start from 9 yrs old with special training n no school.. when i heard of that i'm hopeless.. hikshiks..
    my friend with younger age, he joined a badminton team n he said that all his friends are very young. should i joined the team also??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no expert but in my university they had group coaching sessions which I attended to learn the basics. I also joined the uni club. Personal coaching is too expensive for me Joining your club/team is definitely a good thing to do, just don't be disappointed if you lose, stick with it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The ultimate truth

Hi Guys,

This is interseting, everyone have his idea on the game. This will lead to many views and ways of approach.

The truth is :

About the grip, there are many ways of gripping the racket. 1) the thumb grip, 2) the palm grip, 3) the side grip, 4) the underarm finger grip, 5) the forehand open grip.

NOTE : shortenning of the racket and lengthening of the racket is also techniques refering to the grip. Gripping the racquet too hard will kill the power produce as your suprinators/pronators freezes your wrist freezes and become less flexible.

That will reduce your whipping speed as velocity is been reduced.

About the footwork, First we must all understand that people loves badminton because they enjoy the sensation of hitting the shuttle, feeling the tension and the sound produced by it.

They do not enjoy doing repeated runs in the court. This type of footwork drill is already history. We are now in the 21st century and we are equipped with sport science and we are talking about mental skills.

What you all see in the website is never a training secret, because you train according on what you see and you can never find satisfaction and improvement. Sadly to say you could hardly apply during the competitive games. You will even lose more participants and eventually you will lose your business.

Teaching correct techniques and preparing their physical competency is important. What is more important is we must arrest the first bad habbit or incorrect movement the athlete makes or create during the training sessions under our coaching eyes.

If we are able to do this diligently we can then be able to produce good competitive flawless players at the shortest time.

The world top players are not flawless, it is just that there is no one better than them. This is where you coaches come in.

Make use of what you have been taught, coaching is an art. There are many colors you can chose, you can draw an orange and color it blue, are you game enough to do so?

Train smart and not train too hard. Hope all of you will have more athletes coming to you and you have more business.

You must be proud of yourself and carry yourself where ever you go as a sports coach. If you do not have confidence in yourself and hide away from the public how are you able to instill confidence to your athletes.

This is the ultimate challenge and the ultimate truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOCUS ON:

- focus on the correct grip - read the grip guide in BC -got it i think.......
    - focus on the correct stroke - ask a coach to show you. -check :]
    - focus on footwork- check kindaa.....
    - focus on fitness - jog/swim/bike - or do footwork drills - working on it because im like a fat kid who plays singles need to lose some weight so i can move faster and more endurance, and dont get under estimated :]

DO NOT FOCUS ON:

- trick shots - stop learning those strange shots. -uhhhh the coach taught me... he said it might be helpful so i just use it in games.... idk u can't do them -.-"
    - fancy style - i have so many times seen beginners with really fancy looking hitting style but then they miss the shuttle. keep it simple. - well uhhh no one taught me the correct form of hitting so i just watch the varsity players and copy with no one to advise and correct me so i dont really know :[
    - strength training - leave this after you have learned your basic strokes - uhhh i never thought of that :]
    - expensive racket - you will most likely be wasting money - **** i got like the second best racket in the market now [AT 900 tech] and imma freakin JV :[ crack! but im getting better :] ....i hope.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will definately give the grip guide a read through asap

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by secretly View Post
    i will definately give the grip guide a read through asap
    Not that I want to take anything away from BC, but I wrote that grips guide way back in 2004. I published a new grips guide in January 2008, which is more accurate and much more detailed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess being a beginner in badminton really goes back to basics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onipirate View Post
    I guess being a beginner in badminton really goes back to basics
    Hi Onipirate, you are right. When you start from basic and started on the right track you can play the game within 6 months time. That is 3 times a week @ 2 hours each session.

Good luck

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newkid View Post
    Read the tips for beginners. Great education.

Have started badminton for health and exercise purposes. Really fun and great sport to watch.

I started the game with my wife and we basically are worst than novices - no formal lessons and such. But we enjoy it so much we do an hour everyday in the morning at a nearby public park area - outside
    i've been reading this thread backwards from newest post to oldest. It's great! Like Newkid's post I picked up for Badminton health and exercise purposes and since I am new to this thing I'm glad BC exists to help us be more aware of our new chosen sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hi!!

thx 4 the advice its will help me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jebluexie View Post
    Hay..
    My dad only started playing badminton when he was 31 years old. He is now 67 years old and still playing on a weekly basis. At his "prime", he was the Singapore Veteran champion for doubles in his fifties. From my dad's example, I guess nobody is too late to start playing competitively if you are interested and put in lots of efforts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have proper grip, strokes, and fitness down. Still need to work on my footwork a bit... o_O

I've never had a fancy style or done much in the way of trick shots. In fact, I've been called boring because I was practicing drops, clears, etc while my friend practiced hitting the bird between his legs... lol.

As for strength training and an expensive racket... um... I started working out, and I own a Victor Super Waves 33 Power ($300). I got it for only $100 though, so it's not so bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good tips for beginners:

http://www.badminton-tutorial.com/

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast