String for my racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by smashin', Jan 13, 2005.

1. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

Christianity & HS student
    Hey everybody; it's been quite a while since I've dropped in here..guess I've just been real busy. Anyhoo, I need some advice on strings. I'm using a Yonex Carbonex 21 with BG-65, and I just noticed my string is fraying a bit. I don't really want to replace it with more BG-65; I want something nice. What about 65Ti or 68Ti? Or 70Pro? What would you guys recommend?

Also, I have another racquet. I don't know if you noticed or not, but there's been a drawing on Yonex's website to win an MP series racquet and, well, I won it! (I know.....I can't believe I actually won something...I never win anything...). Anyhoo, it's a MP23. I haven't actually gotten to use it yet since I just got it Tuesday. However, it came with the strings that also came on my first, $10 Yonex racquet. So, I'm guessing I should also replace those strings. What kind of strings would you suggest for this racquet?

Thank you very much!!

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You have gotta be kidding me!! You actually won that lottery??!! :eek: :eek:

I entered so many times but never got to win anything..... :(

With Cab21, I would probably try something thinner. So, you can give BG68TI a try and see if you like it.

3. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    You got an MP23?? The cheapos!! But congrats that you won something from the Yonex lottery. I've treid BG66 and BG80 on MP23 but I'll say that both choiced are good. If you want more feel definitely the BG66. BG80 was good with the MP23

4. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

Yeah, I can't believe I won it, either. I must've entered it about 20 times, but I didn't think I was going to win since it had been about 5 or 6 months since I had even last been to their site. But then, I got an e-mail congratulating me. Really surprised me! I was hoping for a 99 since I'm in love with them and they're discountinued anyway...thought they may have a few just lying around that they needed to get rid of.....:D ;)

From the 10 minutes I spent hitting shuttles by myself with it Wednesday, I can say it is definitley more head-heavy than my carbonex, and I think I like it. It is at least an introduction to a different kind of racquet.

Thanks for the recommendations on strings. So far it's narrowed down to BG-68Ti, BG-80, BG-70PRO, BG-85, BG-80. My friend just ordered a racquet and it came with BG-43; what is it like?

BTW, there's now a contest to win an Armortec racquet....hmm......:p

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    BG43 is a thicker string, so less feelings on the hitting, and personally I don't like this type of strings.

I just entered the lottery again :)

6. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    MP 23 is head heavy??? :confused::confused:. Let me go check mine out.

7. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

considering I'm 17, have only been playing for about 3 years, and that my Carbonex is the only 'real' racquet I've had,....you have to take what I say with a grain of salt...lol

To me, the MP23 is head heavy in comparison with my Cab21.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Where did u find that MP99 is discontinued??? :confused:

9. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

I thought I had read that they are; however, after reading several threads tonight, I geuss they aren't. Hard to get, though, as I understand. (In the US, that is.) I hope they (and the MP100) will be around a bit longer; I would like one of each. (or two, or three, or .....

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I know MP100 is hard to get in US these days, but MP99 still could be ordered through most of the dealers fair easily... :)

11. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

good!...do you think it could be in another year or maybe two? that's when I would be interested in getting one.....

12. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

oops..:p..I just realized there's a 'Stringing' forum....hadn't seen that...should I post in that forum.....?

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. please read the description:

"Share your stringing technique with other stringers in this forum."

14. smashin'

smashin' Regular Member

ahh, yes....I don't suppose it'd help too much if I shared that I ask another guy in our group to send my racquet off to get strung......lol....

15. Randino

Randino Regular Member

how long does bg 85, 80, and 66 last?

I use BG- 65 and they do last a long time, but the tension wore off quick. I want to change strings because my high school season is about to start. I know bg 85 gives more repulsion power, but how long would the strings last (lets say I play 4-5 times a week and I use a MP 44). I need the strings to at least hold for three months.

same for bg 80 and 66

thanks for any input you guys might have :D

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Compare to BG65, BG85 lasts much shorter. If you play like 4-5 times a week (assume 2-3 per session), and you smash quite often, I would say BG85 (assume @ 22lb or + tension) will hardly survive for even more than 1 month for you.

Personally, I play about 15-20 hrs per week, and BG85 (23-24lb range) lasts about 2-3 weeks for me. I believe way back then, BG65 can last about 1.5 months, with the same playing time for me.

17. Randino

Randino Regular Member

WOW... thanks for the input... any suggestions on a string that would last around 3 months but better repulsion and longer lasting tension than BG 65?

18. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

According to YY, BG70-pro has better repulsion than BG-65 and longer life than BG85. Since I string my own rackets, I prefer BG-85 and it last me about 2 month @20mX22c. BG-85 holds the tension very well till it break.