a FAQ section?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by |R|S, Aug 11, 2001.

1. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    ok... i read it somewhere at one point in time what someone suggested this page having the FAq section answering the common things that people ask... this is to prevent the forum from getting dull from the answering the same question over and over again...

i thought of these questions
    1. the meaning of 3U-G4 and all that...
    2. the meaning of racket shaft stiffness& string tension
    3. the general things that a beginner should know abt rackets
    4. a diclaimer maybe, saying that we do not recommend any racket and all depends on "personal preference" (man! i hate this 2 words! BYRON!)
    5. what a single player normally look for in a racket and what a double want and why...

any other things anybody want to add?

2. pa player

pa player Guest

no no no no no..... please don't add any other section..the less sections --> the more content in each....i believe that all ideas can be discussed in the general fourm and the ones related to equipment in the equip forum.....

3. pa player

pa player Guest

maybe an accusing section

maybe what we're missing is accusing (whether falsely or truley) shop owners and dealers.......i remember when Shaun posted something about his Cab 23 or some racquet and that topic had the most interest in people....maybe this should be allowed as it arouses interest in people....that's huMAN natURE (MANURE)

4. Budi

Budi Guest

Re: maybe an accusing section

I agree with Limton, I think kwun should add a FAQ section describing the technical stuff of a racquet, grip, etc.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. a FAQ is definitely in need. not only for the forum, but also for the badminton sports in general. there is a sort of FAQ floating around for badminton, but it tends to be quite thin in content and only address some limited historical aspects of badminton.

one that addresses the equipment and skills, and perhaps some of the international tournaments will be really beneficial. esp to bring in new comers to the sport.

so let's start getting inputs, what questions that would be asked by many people?

6. happy guy

happy guy Guest

where were you?

i have the same exact suggestion as you in my post 'if i were kwun', where were your support when i needed you?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: where were you?

f->hg,

actually, i miss understood Lipton's suggestion a little bit. i wasn't intending to add another forum for FAQ's only. but i was considering adding a section (articles) to BC, which is the FAQ. there will be no postings, just questions, and answers like all the other FAQ's that exist in the internet.

8. happy guy

happy guy Guest

Re: where were you?

that is good to know. but who is qualify to answer badminton techniques question for FAQ? www.ehow.com has some good answers regarding badminton query but i still disagree with their technical discription of the smash. i vote gregr, cheung, you, and viver to fill in the technical techniques question.