To : badrad

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by FEND., Jan 14, 2005.

1. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Since we were going offtopic!!!

Hehe. He's using a cab8100 light if I'm not wrong and the racquet is quite ok actually it doesn't break or anything. It creacked a bit on the top of the racquet 12 o clock position like the bits of metal I think started sinking to a lover level in when the racquet was strung very slight only but he seems to be doing okay with it!!!!!

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Fend,

You get to record a video of a full smash by Brenn and upload it to BF. Not even the pros destroy birdies like he does.

3. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    using the cab8100 light? he must have an incredible wrist and stroke to generate power from that racquet!
    chatting with pete_lsd, he estimates his smash at 200+ mph! every get the equipment to speed test Brenn's smash? It will be of great interest.
    pete_lsd reminded me of Liem Swie King, who use to be able to crush a shuttle with one hit!

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think it's just big (BS) talks. World record smashes at 320 km/hr dont crush shuttles, let alone cracking the cork. Of course, if u keep hitting the shuttle on the frame (as brenn seem to), cracking the cork isn't super human, more in the amatuerish level.

Watched lotta tapes and cds of MD tournaments and never saw once where rally stopped because of shuttle malfunction. Also i never saw any shuttles exchanged for reason of major shuttle malfunction.

#4 cooler, Jan 15, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  5. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter. The fact is I played with him and you guys haven't. I've had half a dozen shuttles killed by him and no he doesn't hit the frame. I doubt anyone who hits the frame can clear from baseline to the opposite baseline and outside of it 3 - 4 feet at the very least.

So the bottom line is my shuttles were crushed by Brenn's smashes. Believe or not it's your problem and not mine. Good day.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

so now he can crush shuttles from clearing too :rolleyes:

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

I never said that cooler. Learn to read. All I said he clears a bit extra than the baseline. I never said he crushes while clearing.

Good day.

P.S Get a tutor to teach you how to read

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

#8 cooler, Jan 15, 2005
  9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

let talk facts:

- world record smash ~320 km/hr, it's is videoed and documented.
    - decades of tapes and films of MD tournaments of pros, it is documented facts
    - many many amatuers can clear 3-4 ft outside of opposite base line. Never seen one of them crushed shuttles before from any strokes.

#9 cooler, Jan 15, 2005
  10. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Too bad, I have.

11. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Don't bite my head off for this but:

We have this player at our club and he can destroy shuttles by smashing, he can also hit through the diagonal and out the back, and when he tests a shuttle it is usually hit out by at least one if not a couple of metres.

He has no technique whatsoever and I'm sure his smash is fast but it is more of a jumping drive where he ends up in the tuck position landing with an almighty thud on his racket leg.

He uses a Carlton Superlight, he also goes through strings like nobodys business because he hits the shuttle so hard and the strings cannot take it, the tension is around late 20's possibly 30lbs.

I have to say it is very difficult to break a shuttle, and is done by having no technique and hitting the shuttle too hard to compensate for the lack of technique.

The other factor might be that the shuttle degrades over the game and no one checks it, cumulating with a supersonic hit to it which folds it easier than it would if it were a new shuttle

Just my observations

#11 Dill, Jan 15, 2005
  12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

No one's gonna bite your head off! But it is possible to destroy shuttles as you and I have seen such things happen.

13. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I've only seen it:
    in person with cheapo shuttles
    on TV in matches from the heavy racquet era, 20-ish+ years ago

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Correct Neil, cheap shuttles can be collapsed without much effort. Problem is, fend try to disgrace plastic shuttle users as cheapskates, where as he was prolly using cheap shuttles himself.

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20334&page=9&pp=10

Another condition may lead to collapsed shuttle is from smashing or hard clearing of well used shuttles and i have witness those situation almost every club nites i go to. Fend's photos of shuttle look quite used to me. Collapsing cheap and/or used shuttles, big deal :rolleyes:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20662&page=15&pp=10

#14 cooler, Jan 15, 2005
  15. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

I have to say this to you guys. OFFCOURSE they WERE USED. How else can you smash an unused shuttle by wacking it when it's on the floor? What a waste of time and money. Before they were crushed they were used by Brenn and I for about 2 rallies around 12 shots by each of us. Then prior to the life of the shuttle he smashed real hard and there you have a destroyed shuttle. As for cheap shuttles, Ashaway silvers I do not consider cheapos. I used those ashaways instead of my usual Yonex AS-5s as I was afraid that due to tight restrictions of items made from plant / animal matter by the Australian government, I did not want to risk losing them when I was transfering my belongings from Brunei to Perth.

I usually use Yonex AS-5s for playing with friends, recreational and during training. Yes I bring my own shuttles. To the plastic shuttles bit, I was just making a joke. Sadly some people did not catch it.

And to Neil. A cab8100 does not qualify under your heavy racquet theory does it?

For me it is now becoming a pain to answer personal attacks by a person who in this forum is quite senior to many of the members including me. If attacks like these continue on me I do not see much of a point ot post much more in this forum as my opinion will not be taken seriously or be put to shame by people who think they are above me. Well maybe they are but no matter how small my opinion is I still have an opinion. Whatever I have posted prior to this, I hope forum goers appreciate what I have posted.

16. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

i've seen the picture. it is not 'prolly a cheap shuttle'. what it really is is 'really a cheap shuttle'.

i'll upload pictures to try to justify my statement in the near future. the key point is to look at what the cork is made of. in this case........ it isnt good quality material which allows me to conclude.......... that IS a cheap shuttle.

jug

17. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Everyone is still entitled to their opinion. I'll get in a couple of tubes of AS-5s in the future so as to test his smashing power.

18. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I don't have a theory.
    I just said what I had seen.
    I made no comment on you or what you have seen.
    Pardon me for participating...

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I agree that shuttles can be broken, and that it depends on the quality of the shuttle can affect this.

However, there must be something incorrect with the guys technique to break them so frequently when new. After all you dont see pros breaking them, and they hit shuttles as hard as anybody.

Another thing, Can you get the smashes back? If so your defence must be awesome!!

20. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

I caught a few of them, his technique isn't the best like the pros but once he hits it he smacks it hard and good. Majority of them passed me.