Tensioning Crosses

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by registered, Jan 16, 2005.

1. registered

registered Regular Member

Royal Bum
    Hey all, i just have a quick question, when you Tension the Crosses how many clamps do you used? I have fixed clamps and i was just wondering if i really need to use both of them at the same time. If i only use one is there and drawbacks/advantages?

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    You can use 2 if you want it to be more precise. There is no problem if u just use 1. For convenient sake 1 is better and faster.

3. registered

registered Regular Member

Royal Bum
    does it matter if i only use 1? because if i only use one it will only reach the middle of the racket so when i tension it will tension 1.5 length of the string, does that matter? thanks

4. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

If something goes wrong with that 1 clamp you lose tension in all your crosses.
    (or if not all, you have to guess how far back you have to go)

I would use the other clamp as a backup, several strings behind where you are working, and only move it forward after every 4 crosses strung.
    (I say 4, you can pick your own number)

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It would be better for you to supplement one fixed clamp with another flying clamp, if you really want a first class, almost zero tension loss, job done. The reason is your fixed clamp has limited reach, where it cannot reach and clamp the tensioned crosses at the inner edge of the frame. A flying clamp, especially, if clamped on top of the strings, can reach these neglected location. Use the fixed clamp alongside the flying clamp, and you have an unbeatable combination.