Misbun to coach Hafiz and Beng Hong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, Jan 17, 2005.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    TheStar

KUALA LUMPUR: National singles coach Misbun Sidek will have only two shuttlers under his charge in the Project 2006-08 Squad.

And he declared yesterday that he would quit as coach in the Badminton Association of Malaysia's (BAM) set-up if Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong failed to achieve success over the next two years.

Misbun said that his tasks were to revive Hafiz's career and make Beng Hong a world-beater.

The 23-year-old Hafiz has suffered a slump since winning the All-England title in 2003 while the 22-year-old Beng Hong's best achievement was a runner-up finish in the Taiwan Open last year.

While Misbun has only two players under his wings, the Badminton Association of Malaysia's (BAM) newly-hired coach, Li Mao of China, will take charge of current national number one Lee Chong Wei, Wong Choong Hann, Lee Tsuen Seng, Yeoh Kay Bin, K. Yogendran and top women's singles player Wong Mew Choo.

The BAM's chief coach, Yap Kim Hock, announced yesterday the groups of players to come under the respective coaches. But he said that they were subject to approval by the BAM coaching and training committee, which will meet within the next two weeks.

Misbun said that he chose to retain Hafiz and Beng Hong as his charges and he was looking forward to a very challenging job.

“I agree that I have put myself in a very difficult position by choosing only two players and they have nothing to show at the moment,†he said.

“But this is where the challenge lies. I have players who are not good yet.

Attached Files:

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Well it will certainly relieve his responsibility, only having two players.