Vinlux=Yonex?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by david14700, Jan 18, 2005.

1. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Anyone here tried a Vinlux racket? There is an ebay ad saying they are OEM manufacturers of the Armotec 800. I thought all the top Yonex rackets were made in Japan.

Their OEM version looks like the Yonex Armotec in all details except the logo itself.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    a lot of them try to claim that they are Yonex OEM. just like a lot of fake manufacturers claims that they are Yonex.... ;)

3. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    This is what I know. Not all Yonex rackets are manufactured in Japan. Some are manufactured in China by what Yonex called licensed OEM. Understandable, because manufacturing in China will drive production cost down. However, by agreement, the OEM is not allowed to disclose anything at all (including technology, product models, etc..etc..) to the public. So in my understanding, putting a different logo on a Yonex racket, or even claiming to be Yonex OEM, is strictly prohibited by Yonex and if this is the case the OEM will get sued.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this has been discussed to death already.

what we understand is that the top end Yonex models are all made in Japan, only the lower end models are manufactured in China or Taiwan.

if you see a AT800 and they claim they are same as rackets that Yonex OEM'ed from them, then they are lying as AT800 are top end models thus they are made in Japan and the Chinese OEM do have have access to them.

5. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Makes sense, I guess Yonex want to control the quality of their most expensive rackets as these are the ones people will judge them on.

Have you noticed how the top rackets have "Made in Japan" on the shaft, but the cheaper rackets usually just say "Developed in Japan"? A bit sneaky of them... ;)