Carlton Rasmussen Tour vs. Rasmussen Superlite

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Icarus, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Icarus

Icarus New Member

College Student
    Has anyone tried both rackets before? Are there any noticable differerences in speed, power...etc? Which one would you guys recommend?

2. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

theres a huge difference in feel, and it will come down to what type you prefer...

tour - even balance, ~88-92g
    superlite - headlight, ~81g

perhaps consider a lite as well? its sort of inbetween the tour and superlite.

3. mjwhitfield

mjwhitfield Regular Member

Postgrad University Student
    I've found both this years and last years tours to be ever so slightly head light.

4. bloup

bloup Regular Member

I feel all these rackets are more or less neutral balanced, with a very efficient trick making a real difference for each of them. The lite has a true neutral balance, the superlite has its weight a little higher in the shaft (thus making it feel a bit heavier in hand although it's lighter), the tour feels like having its weight right on top on the shaft under the T. The superlite and tour feel like "higher end of the shaft heavy" but not head heavy (dunno if I'm making myself clear enough, or if it even makes sense at all).

The tour is a bit stiffer than the superlite, more powerful, mostly the same in defence but it's far less forgiving overall.

5. Schneider

Schneider Regular Member

Student
    The tour is an even balcance as you know but has a slight head heavy balance making it produce powerful shots whereas the Super lite is head lite but as it's so aerodynamic it too can produce strong shots. What it boils down to is your preferance for balances, I personally like the Tour better as i feel it's better to have a neutral balance as it's not bias to either offensive play or defensive play. But both great rackets with the Super lite being faster but i still reccomend the Tour:D.