User Tag List

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 505
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy
    Any rocket scientists in the house who can explain how the Nanotubes & fullerene C60 affects the performance of the new yonex rackets? anyone...?
    fullerene C60 is basically using C60 (carbon) to make fibres to use to make the racquet. C60 (common name fullerene) is special because of the moelcular structure.... using only carbon atoms, they have a bond of 4 (meaning each carbon atom can connect with 4 other atoms).... using this info, you can make 'bucky balls' and such... a specific example is the shape of a soccer ball, the carbons can bond and form a shape EXACTLY the pattern of a soccer ball (pentagons and hexagons).... this shape is very strong because the bonds are all used, and the inside of the soccer ball-shaped fullerene is empty, so it's strong AND light.... other uses is to make strong circles with the carbon atoms, and make a 'cylinder' which is like a fibre, again the bonds are strong and the space in the middle of the circle is empty (less space, less weight)

    so using 'nano-technology' (fullerenes) they can make strong fibres or whatever that are also light and make racquets with them. also, carbon is strong lol, compare diamonds with graphite (mechanical pencils), both are pure (or almost pure) carbon, but everyone knows a diamond is SUPER hard...
    hope this info helped

    ps. no, i'm not a nerd who crossed by a badminton forum, i really DO play badminton lol (i want a nanospeed that's even-balanced or head-heavy since i'm used to my iso 900 )

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just to add that i'm not sure about how the fullerenes affect flexibility and vibration absorption of racquets

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    now i'm thinking.... why is it that most sites of the NS 7000 & 8000 say that it weighs 80 - 85 and above? i thought that the use of nanocarbons should reduce the weight then again... maybe yonex used the reduced mass to add more features to it


    sigh... anybody want to comment on my explanation on nanocarbons/fullerens/C60 ? i'd like some encouragement or even corrections... i am the bored...

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Some Japanese saying that, it would be released in April.............

    I have no idea how cooler can manage to get a picture of it
    you can get a pic of it in the Yonex official website, www.yonex.co.jp

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renkinjutsushi
    now i'm thinking.... why is it that most sites of the NS 7000 & 8000 say that it weighs 80 - 85 and above? i thought that the use of nanocarbons should reduce the weight then again... maybe yonex used the reduced mass to add more features to it


    sigh... anybody want to comment on my explanation on nanocarbons/fullerens/C60 ? i'd like some encouragement or even corrections... i am the bored...
    If a racquet is too light it might not even hit a fly. Using nano in a racquet becomes a balancing act. What other, heavier but smaller, materials do you use with nano to strike the ideal balance? There is a Chinese nano racquet that has a nano shaft and a heavy frame. It has the ultimate in power drives, clears and smashes, but nothing in other areas. No wonder its b/p is more than 32.5cm. Maybe the use of the heavier tungsten for weight and mass balancing, because you need very little of this heavy stuff, together with more and more nano on the frame might yield something interesting.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks that's interesting to know, never htought about that

  7. #58
    Regular Member V1lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I agree with kwun and many other

    This has got to be the ugliest color scheme of any of top yonex racket ie mp99 & 100, AT line I have ever seen...Like kwun said, the funky color is probably a sign of it authenticity...to much sake in the yonex labs...Anyways I am glad yonex is coming out with these new rackets as it makes my fav racket mp99 more cheaper.I can't wait for the next line, let see iso, muscle, armor. nano...i think the next line will probably like QUARK EVOLUTION. Well now I have to save some money to stock up on mp99s!!!

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There you go, MP99 is a safe choice, I will probably do the same as well.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Toa Payoh
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    If a racquet is too light it might not even hit a fly. Using nano in a racquet becomes a balancing act. What other, heavier but smaller, materials do you use with nano to strike the ideal balance? There is a Chinese nano racquet that has a nano shaft and a heavy frame. It has the ultimate in power drives, clears and smashes, but nothing in other areas. No wonder its b/p is more than 32.5cm. Maybe the use of the heavier tungsten for weight and mass balancing, because you need very little of this heavy stuff, together with more and more nano on the frame might yield something interesting.
    Actually this is not really hard for Yonex to implement since they are using buckyball but it will add to the cost price.

    Buckyball like Renkinjutsushi said, it is hollow thats y it is light. And my brother have told me, it can be used to hold other things than injected into the body. So if that is they case, Yonex could simply add a few Ti Atom inside the Buckyball and able to tolerate tremendous tensions. So others can safely string their racket esp the pros. Yonex don't have to get them a racket each time they break it.

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anybody in the forum (in the US) is selling this racket? How much?

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ozzland
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from what I understand, fullerenes are sorta related to the perhaps more famous "Carbon Nanotubes", in a way that the nanotubes are sealed with the half spherical shaped fullerenes cap.... blah blah..

    The racket has to be in similar weights (eg: 2U, 3U, 4U etc..) as the ones existed simply because of "getting used to factor", it's too risky for a big firm like Yonex to revolutionise the industry with a light weight racket imagine 6U that people would take a long time to adapt.

    Although the technology might compansate with the issues of stiffness and structure integruity due to the lower density (with Bucky balls in between as suggested by Yonex? ) but the formula of momentum (p=mv) is independent of the materials used still... so I would reckon that for rackets of similar head heavyness (or balance point), a 2U racket would hit the shuttle further than a 6U (say..) racket with the same swing.

    The only problem that I have with the colour scheme of the new NS series is that itz getting harder to judge between the NS7K and NS8K and AT700, other than that Im all good with what's on the rackets

    any1 keen to elabrate the difference in shape between the NS7K and NS8K? I thought they are both ISO??

    sorry for the long post and feel free to comment people, Im here to promote the freedom of speech and I hope I didnt mislead any1 a

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manabu
    The only problem that I have with the colour scheme of the new NS series is that itz getting harder to judge between the NS7K and NS8K and AT700, other than that Im all good with what's on the rackets
    Duh, once you see them, you will notice they are VERY different rackets in terms of looks.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manabu
    ...any1 keen to elabrate the difference in shape between the NS7K and NS8K? I thought they are both ISO?? a
    NS7K - Isometric
    NS8K - Box Shaped

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKChua
    NS7K - Isometric
    NS8K - Box Shaped
    you mean

    NS7K - aero shape

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Ns8000

    I have used th NS8000 for 2 weeks now - I don't like the finish at all; it looks cheap - NS7000 looks so much greater. The first time it felt so light (used AT800 off before) and I wondered how to get speed with at such light raquet but now when I used it - I have never had a such good smash before so go for it!!!

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    california
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKChua
    NS7K - Isometric
    NS8K - Box Shaped
    NS7000 is supposedly 'head light' , and the NS8000 a bit more head heavy.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manabu
    Although the technology might compansate with the issues of stiffness and structure integruity due to the lower density (with Bucky balls in between as suggested by Yonex? ) but the formula of momentum (p=mv) is independent of the materials used still... so I would reckon that for rackets of similar head heavyness (or balance point), a 2U racket would hit the shuttle further than a 6U (say..) racket with the same swing.
    just wanna mention that the velocity should be noted as well because the velocity of the swing is dependent on how fast you can swing it, which can depend on the mass of the racquet... so there's a point where too low of a mass can decrease the power but also there's a point where too high of a mass can decrease the power as well....

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yonex Nanospeed 800 not 8000. low end model nanospeed
    By angelus_2012 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 8
    : 10-02-2008, 03:03 AM
  2. Nanospeed 8000 or Nanospeed 9000 Type S???
    By thunderstrike in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
  3. Nanospeed 8000
    By Mayooo in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 09-07-2006, 10:50 AM
  4. Tactic Namiblade 8000 (Yonex Nanospeed 8000 replica)?
    By Clyde99 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 8
    : 01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
  5. Need help with Nanospeed 8000
    By sin.sid in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 8
    : 07-26-2005, 08:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •