User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renkinjutsushi
    just wanna mention that the velocity should be noted as well because the velocity of the swing is dependent on how fast you can swing it, which can depend on the mass of the racquet... so there's a point where too low of a mass can decrease the power but also there's a point where too high of a mass can decrease the power as well....
    v is indeed critical, more so than racket mass. a strong player will accelerate a light racket to a higher velocity and get MUCH more power than an average player can from Any racket. keep in mind that the 'm' in that equation is NOT the mass of the racket head, at least not on a smash. the racket head is not isolated most of the time from the mass of your body. if you flip the racket head to make a quick back-hand drive, so that you aren't accelerating the racket head when it hits the shuttle the relevant mass may be the racket head mass; but if you are pushing the racket head as in a drive, or actually pulling the racket head as in a smash, the mass of your arm and part of your body are also part of the m for that equation; the stiffness of the racket, string tension, and a hundred other factors determine how efficiently the power transfers to the bird. but the racket head mass itself is only a tiny piece of the puzzle, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default weight

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Coach
    I have used th NS8000 for 2 weeks now - I don't like the finish at all; it looks cheap - NS7000 looks so much greater. The first time it felt so light (used AT800 off before) and I wondered how to get speed with at such light raquet but now when I used it - I have never had a such good smash before so go for it!!!
    Which weight do you prefer ?

Thanks !
    Becker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Coach
    I have used th NS8000 for 2 weeks now - I don't like the finish at all; it looks cheap - NS7000 looks so much greater. The first time it felt so light (used AT800 off before) and I wondered how to get speed with at such light raquet but now when I used it - I have never had a such good smash before so go for it!!!
    True! I purchased my NS7000, strung with 28 Cross 26 Main with Gosen Pro66. After a few games, you will be able to manipulate the racket much better. It has a well balanced weight; being head-light is really excellent for fast recovery, drops and cuts. And... as for the smash, well... in no time you will realized that this head-light racket can also generate better smashes!

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mgsmith1
    v is indeed critical, more so than racket mass. a strong player will accelerate a light racket to a higher velocity and get MUCH more power than an average player can from Any racket. keep in mind that the 'm' in that equation is NOT the mass of the racket head, at least not on a smash. the racket head is not isolated most of the time from the mass of your body. if you flip the racket head to make a quick back-hand drive, so that you aren't accelerating the racket head when it hits the shuttle the relevant mass may be the racket head mass; but if you are pushing the racket head as in a drive, or actually pulling the racket head as in a smash, the mass of your arm and part of your body are also part of the m for that equation; the stiffness of the racket, string tension, and a hundred other factors determine how efficiently the power transfers to the bird. but the racket head mass itself is only a tiny piece of the puzzle, I believe.
    yeah i understand all that, but my main was to manabu was that he/she shouldn't say that the 'm' is the most important thing because he/she mentioned that a 2U racquet would generate less power than a "6U" racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry Ive raised such confusion peoples, maybe I should define more on "the same swing" part of my story... let say a mechanical arm with a fixed v and mass m and racket with same stiffness s and string tension k?? but the idea is that since we are comparing the rackets, cant we just ignore the human mass factor?? dont they just cancel each other anyways provided the rackets are swing by the same "source" performing the same "movement"(eg smashing)?

and my perception is actually that a 2U racket generate more power (and ie the shuttle goes further) than a say 6U racket, sorry my bad english seemed to give you (and maybe many more innocent others) the opposite idea. Appologies for that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manabu
    sorry Ive raised such confusion peoples, maybe I should define more on "the same swing" part of my story... let say a mechanical arm with a fixed v and mass m and racket with same stiffness s and string tension k?? but the idea is that since we are comparing the rackets, cant we just ignore the human mass factor?? dont they just cancel each other anyways provided the rackets are swing by the same "source" performing the same "movement"(eg smashing)?

and my perception is actually that a 2U racket generate more power (and ie the shuttle goes further) than a say 6U racket, sorry my bad english seemed to give you (and maybe many more innocent others) the opposite idea. Appologies for that...
    that's ok, cuz i was actually considering both the m and v factors and brought up this discussion anyways, i also apologize for saying you that a 2U would generate less power than a 6U, i accidentally switched them around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Side by side comparison

Frame head, base and side
    Attached Images Attached Images              

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NS8000 is having Slim head?

I wonder if durability will be an issue here....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    NS8000 is having Slim head?

I wonder if durability will be an issue here....
    I think the slim head is for the racket in comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the review fo NS7K and NS8K, it seems that now Yonex will back to the MP policy. Which is : No special racket for single and double.
    Not like AT with its AT800OF-DE.
    Is that true ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto
    From the review fo NS7K and NS8K, it seems that now Yonex will back to the MP policy. Which is : No special racket for single and double.
    Is that true ?
    Maybe they will give you a piece of free lead tape with the NS8K. If you want NS8K OF, you just stick a bit at the 12 o'clock position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi ditorajo, thx for sharing the pictures but Im still uncertain about what NS8k looks like, it would be great if you can post a side by side picture showing the 2 full rims of the rackets! thx~

anybody want to trade NS8K for a JP NS7K 3UG5 please pm me~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkusmanto
    Is that true ?
    it's very hard to put bumps on a ti gforce strip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renkinjutsushi
    that's ok, cuz i was actually considering both the m and v factors and brought up this discussion anyways, i also apologize for saying you that a 2U would generate less power than a 6U, i accidentally switched them around
    and I think you are both right: a head-heavy racket seems to give more power to the smash. but I suspect it is because the head-heavy racket has a stiffer head with more material in it, and experiences less deformation during smashes so better energy transfer results. the weight of the head should make a difference in some other shots, but not much in the smash.

I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manabu
    Hi ditorajo, thx for sharing the pictures but Im still uncertain about what NS8k looks like, it would be great if you can post a side by side picture showing the 2 full rims of the rackets! thx~

anybody want to trade NS8K for a JP NS7K 3UG5 please pm me~
    Here you go................................................ ..........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone give me a brief explanation how the 8K can be head heavier than the 7K when the former has a slim head? not being sarcastic here, just seeking an explanation how this is achieved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stantan
    can anyone give me a brief explanation how the 8K can be head heavier than the 7K when the former has a slim head? not being sarcastic here, just seeking an explanation how this is achieved.
    When comparing 7000 to 8000, notice:
    1. 7000 is having "hollow head", which means the inner frame has more hollowness.
    2. 8000 could pack more inner stuff at the head, and that could make 8000 more head heavy than 7000. Different frame design (inner) could make difference easily.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast