Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Road Trip

Hi Cory,

I just finished mapquesting distances of places like Spring Valley (Rockland),Greenwich,and Flushing from Brewster,NY. Spring Valley should take you an hour, Greenwich is about 38 miles, and Flushing (NYC) is appoximately 53 miles or an hour plus from where you are. So pretty much every place requires you to leave the house a little early . If you're planning to move in the future i suggest a place that is right smack in the middle of all the badminton places in the tristate area and just an arm's length from the major highways. How about somewhere near the George Washington Bridge. To the north is I-87,west are I-80+I-95south,east are I-684,I-95north,south are I-287+FDR drive into Manhattan .

Spring Valley Badminton Club sounds inviting but i already go to the Y in Greenwich on tuesdays. Usually mondays and wednesdays are the days that badminton is least available to play in most clubs maybe if you won bids for those days people might show up more in Spring Valley. I think the closest places for you are western CT,Yonkers,Rockland,and Westchester areas. However if you don't mind getting out of the house an hour earlier maybe you can drive into the city on saturday mornings and play at either www.friendlybadminton.com or www.brooklynbadminton.com there are long hours and cheap walk in fees. Parking is easy and the places are in close proximity to fast food joints,the local chinatown,and shopping mall for you to pig out before and after practice for easy access calorie loading .

Also there's always www.nycbadminton.com in Manhattan on weekdays and a sunday too. Lots of players from noobie to tournament ready. Easy parking after 7pm on city streets and its open late.

Let me know when you find out Spring Valley is re-opening again and what days and times you'll have for the new season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastcoastAZN
    Hi Cory,

I just finished mapquesting distances of places like Spring Valley (Rockland),Greenwich,and Flushing from Brewster,NY. Spring Valley should take you an hour, Greenwich is about 38 miles, and Flushing (NYC) is appoximately 53 miles or an hour plus from where you are. So pretty much every place requires you to leave the house a little early . If you're planning to move in the future i suggest a place that is right smack in the middle of all the badminton places in the tristate area and just an arm's length from the major highways. How about somewhere near the George Washington Bridge. To the north is I-87,west are I-80+I-95south,east are I-684,I-95north,south are I-287+FDR drive into Manhattan .

Spring Valley Badminton Club sounds inviting but i already go to the Y in Greenwich on tuesdays. Usually mondays and wednesdays are the days that badminton is least available to play in most clubs maybe if you won bids for those days people might show up more in Spring Valley. I think the closest places for you are western CT,Yonkers,Rockland,and Westchester areas. However if you don't mind getting out of the house an hour earlier maybe you can drive into the city on saturday mornings and play at either www.friendlybadminton.com or www.brooklynbadminton.com there are long hours and cheap walk in fees. Parking is easy and the places are in close proximity to fast food joints,the local chinatown,and shopping mall for you to pig out before and after practice for easy access calorie loading .

Also there's always www.nycbadminton.com in Manhattan on weekdays and a sunday too. Lots of players from noobie to tournament ready. Easy parking after 7pm on city streets and its open late.

Let me know when you find out Spring Valley is re-opening again and what days and times you'll have for the new season.
    I live in Fort Lee right by the NJ side of the GW bridge. I am also looking for a convenient place to play. I went to Queens several times for both locations, but it's really a headacke to get there and get back, plus you have to pay 3 tolls for the Bridges. A club in Yonkers/Westchester would be better for me. My problem is that I can only play on weekends. Any interest in setting up a club in For Lee/Bergen County area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liuqingde
    I live in Fort Lee right by the NJ side of the GW bridge. I am also looking for a convenient place to play. I went to Queens several times for both locations, but it's really a headacke to get there and get back, plus you have to pay 3 tolls for the Bridges. A club in Yonkers/Westchester would be better for me. My problem is that I can only play on weekends. Any interest in setting up a club in For Lee/Bergen County area?
    I could drive to the Mahwah area of Bergen County. Further into NJ would be a large hike for me though. If it's my only option though I might consider it.

Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastcoastAZN
    Hi Cory,

Hey EastCoast,

I just wanted to let you know that I don't live in Brewster. I live in Middletown NY, zip 10941. If I moved, it is tentatively to be working out of the Brewster Home Depot, so my move would center around something within commuting distance to that store, but we'd have to see at that point, with housing costs, my salary, etc.

Also, we were trying to get other nights other than Tues for Spring Valley this coming year. I just haven't heard back from others what the school board said, if anything.

I would do the NYC thing on Saturday AM's, when I could, but even going to Westchester adds a huge cost to my badminton playing with having to cross the TAPP, and then if I go further into the city and have to pay on the Whitestone, plus I have the throughway tolls. Then add that to any membership, shuttle costs, and gas with the prices up here being $2.70 or more per gallon. Suddenly a day of badminton right in NYC costs $40.

I am seriously considering Greenwich though. It's a hike, but I can't live without my regular badminton dose. As soon as I hear about Spring Valley, I will probably starting heading to CT. Though I still think for me, from Middletown, if a club opens up in Ridgefield, that would be a quicker drive for me.

Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, cory, you and Lazybuddy should move to the west coast ... I'm complaining if I have to drive more than 15 mins to the next place with badminton!

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Come rain come shine

Quote Originally Posted by coryprice
    Hey EastCoast,

I just wanted to let you know that I don't live in Brewster. I live in Middletown NY, zip 10941. If I moved, it is tentatively to be working out of the Brewster Home Depot, so my move would center around something within commuting distance to that store, but we'd have to see at that point, with housing costs, my salary, etc.

Also, we were trying to get other nights other than Tues for Spring Valley this coming year. I just haven't heard back from others what the school board said, if anything.

I would do the NYC thing on Saturday AM's, when I could, but even going to Westchester adds a huge cost to my badminton playing with having to cross the TAPP, and then if I go further into the city and have to pay on the Whitestone, plus I have the throughway tolls. Then add that to any membership, shuttle costs, and gas with the prices up here being $2.70 or more per gallon. Suddenly a day of badminton right in NYC costs $40.

I am seriously considering Greenwich though. It's a hike, but I can't live without my regular badminton dose. As soon as I hear about Spring Valley, I will probably starting heading to CT. Though I still think for me, from Middletown, if a club opens up in Ridgefield, that would be a quicker drive for me.

Cory
    Ok Cory see you maybe saturday at www.brooklynbadminton.com and on saturday nights you can go to www.friendlybadminton.com 's church location but beware the court conditions aren't great and there's only two courts or on tuesday and thursday at the Greenwich YWCA. Look for the guy with two left feet haha or the guy that looks like he's kicking himself in the ass when he's attempting a jumpsmash haha . I have a dragon tattoo on my right arm hinthint .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Cory,

There is a private club in Hackensack,NJ, called Bogota racquet club. It is a private club they rent the courts per hr $30. i have couple of friends who are intrested playing in weekends. we are planning to play from this weekend and looking people who would like to join. If you or any one who likes to play can come and join us.

vik.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    my name is vik. i am also intrested in playing badminton. i got couple of friends who are also intrested in playing badminton. we are planning to play in Bogota racquet club which is located in Hackensack,NJ and it is private club. They rent courts per hr $30. If, you or any one whom you know are intrested to play come and join us. We are planning to start from this weekend.

thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liuqingde
    Hi
    my name is vik. i am also intrested in playing badminton. i got couple of friends who are also intrested in playing badminton. we are planning to play in Bogota racquet club which is located in Hackensack,NJ and it is private club. They rent courts per hr $30. If, you or any one whom you know are intrested to play come and join us. We are planning to start from this weekend.

thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Vik nice to hear that you are starting a club. Hackensack is much closer to me comparing to other clubs. I would definitely go. What is the court like? How many courts and how many of you will be there? And of course the street address. I know some people who go to Brooklyn for badminton, I think they will come here if they know. Thank you

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by vikram
    Hi

thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Scott,
    How are you, thanks for reply. i have been there coupel of times but never got thought to see courts inside, i spoke to a recptionist she told me per hour they charge $30, by paying fee 4 can play, i remmeber that she said they have 2 courts. i am giving address below. i let you know more details this evening. we 3 are planning to be there on this weekend. today evening i will go there and i will block a time slot and i will give you more details.

thank you
    vik
    Bogota Racquet Club

156 W Main St, Bogota, NJ 07603

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Scott,

i went there, they are renting racquetball court as badminton court, i guess we cant play a serious game over there. they are providing net we have to set it up. only center line is there. they did not laid a court over there.

vik

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what a racket ball court look like, but depends on the floor and ceiling hight, it may be good for badminton. Anyway, I am currently going to Brooklyn and Union for badminton, each has its own good and bad things. I have paid both club dues so I'll go there for the time being. Let me know if you want to join any or both so that I can give you the relevent information, or may be we can go carpool, particularly for the Brooklyn club, it's far and you have to pay bridge tolls.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by vikram
    Hi Scott,

i went there, they are renting racquetball court as badminton court, i guess we cant play a serious game over there. they are providing net we have to set it up. only center line is there. they did not laid a court over there.

vik

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racket ball court floor is hard (cement), width is very little, ceiling is not too high, lighting is good.

Scott please give me details, i have a friend who lives in newyork he may also join. And sure we can do carpooilng.

you can reach me if you want on my email vikram.narra@gmail.com

thanks
    vik

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default any club open in westchester yet?

hey.. i've been reading you guys message for a while and... i wonder if there is any new clubs open in westchester yet? when is spring valley open since it's very close to my office?

Thanks a lot
    Guitar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hey Sexygirl

Quote Originally Posted by guitary2000
    hey.. i've been reading you guys message for a while and... i wonder if there is any new clubs open in westchester yet? when is spring valley open since it's very close to my office?

Thanks a lot
    Guitar
    Sawadee so how was that new club you found near your work. Is it any good and tell me all about it. How's the new Adidas shirt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guitary2000

Thanks a lot
    Guitar
    Spring Valley plays Mondays and Fridays. Usually not too busy, but sometimes if everyone shows up there's some wait time in between games. We had decided on $100 a year and then $5 or so per session to cover cost of shuttles. Or if you don't pay the $100 a year, it was $10 per drop-in session. Sometimes I give a little more, sometimes if I don't have money I pay twice on another day. It's kind of informal, but that's because I go pretty regualarly. If I dropped-in only on rare occasions, and they didn't know you, I'm certain that they wouldn't accept not paying at all one day, as they have with me. So if you want to bring the $100 then you could easily get away with $5-$10 each session. If you're a regular, $5 would be fine. Hope to see you there.

Cory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast