If someone breaks your string, what should you do?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Dave18, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    I didn't know that my racquet string was going to break anytime soon. I let my friend use it for awhile and pop, the string snapped.

So? Who's responsibility do you think it is?

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    i would say that he/she should just buy you a new package of string and then well you would pay for the stringing or do it yourself because i mean its not his/her fault that the string broke. unless you knew it was going to break then i would say that he/she shouldent have to pay anything at all. but if your a really nice guy and dont mind then i guess you could just tell them that its ok and the dont have to do anything...

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    If it's been threatening to pop anyway, might as well just send it to the shop for restringing and let it be. If its quite new and unused, it depends on the person who broke it, whether they have the conscience to pay for you. Else, just restring. Strings are rather small matters, hardly a point of contention.

4. badmad

badmad Regular Member

lately, i borrowed my friends' racket for a game and broke the strings. i thought that it was my responsibility to replace the strings and I did. i don't think there is any other way unless you check the strings beforehand and tell your friend 'hey, your strings are in bad shape'... not practical though.

5. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm. I'd be glad if someone could break my strings. I always need to cut them to replace them. But then it could be a good time to try new strings :p:p:p when it happens.

6. Chrispywu

Chrispywu Regular Member

haha wow the same thing happened to me yesterday..
    my friend had a crappy racket n i insisted he used my godly mp99 with bg68ti.. then suddenly the strings popped.. i guess it was my fault.. by the way.. the bg68ti lasted less than a month.. im gonna start getting the more durable strings like bg65 lol