Retail Shops Checklist in S'pore

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by simplelad, Jan 23, 2005.

1. simplelad

simplelad Regular Member

Thanks to all who contributed your inputs to
    Price checklist for Rackets in S'pore.

I am sure BF members have greatly benefited from all "tips" and hence saving $$ in purchasing a worthy racket.

To provide all with a more detailed information on all possible retail shops in s'pore selling rackets & re-stringing service, I ask for your contributions again in the following format.

1. Name of the Shop :

2. Location :

3. Range of rackets : Excellent/Very Good/Good/*Average

4. SKills in re-stringing : Excellent/Very Good/Good/*Average

5. Knowledge in strengths & weaknesses of all badminton rackets and strings sold in the shop : Excellent/Very Good/Good/*Average

6. Level of customer service provided : Excellent/Very Good/Good/*Average

7. Price of Rackets : Very Cheap/Cheap/*Average

8. Price of re-stringing service : Very Cheap/Cheap/*Average

9. Update/Inform loyal customers on latest range of products : Yes/No

*Generally, most sports retail shops in s'pore should not deserve ratings worst than Average. We shall reserve our most humble rating till Average then. :)

This thread serves no intention to promote/advertise nor dissuade any business dealings with the rated shops.

It is genuinely used to provide all BF members the best deals in purchasing their dream racket(s) and professional re-stringing service.

Please feel free to add in further criterion/benchmark for a more detailed information.

Cheers

2. daz24sg

daz24sg Regular Member

Student
    CLassic Sports

NAME OF SHOP: Classic Sports

RANGE OF RACKETS : Good ( mainly SOTX, Yonex and Sintec)

SKILLS IN RESTRINGING: Excellent

Knowledge in strengths & weaknesses of all badminton rackets and strings sold in the shop : Excellent

LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE PROVIDED: Excellent

PRICE OF RACKETS: Cheap

PRICE OF ACCESSORIES: Average

PRICE OF RESTRINGING SERVICE: Cheap

Update/Inform loyal customers on latest range of products : YES

3. altreality

altreality Regular Member

NAME OF SHOP: Classic Sports

I patronize the shop as well as must say that the restringing services and racket prices are very reasonable... (cheap may be overstating it a little.)
    He has a large range of Sintec and SOTX (authorized dealer) and a limited collection of Yonex rackets...

He is also a good player which helps.

4. daz24sg

daz24sg Regular Member

Student
    Yea, agreed. He does take the effort to check out availability of rackets and the maximum stringing tension of the rackets. But for $12 for BG66 strings, isnt that cheap if we were to compare it the average retail stores like Sportslink ?

5. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Arhh u beat me to it...Yes...i agree with above...price of accessories to me is cheap:)

@altreality : hmm...sintec not alot...Yonex have quite alot...SOTX too and quite a number of winex...

His shop also does have some carlton pro ace and prince

6. onegoodsoul

onegoodsoul Regular Member

Student
    Shops in Singapore

hi there!

first time here! i played badminton back in sec sch and kind of lost touch for a while; now i'm in toronto, canada, and am starting to pick it up again.

will be back in singapore in may, and am hoping to buy a reasonable racket (my standard is about normal sec sch zone players) for a good price.

glad to find so many badminton enthusiasts here from singapore.

any one has any recommendations besides 'classic sport' mentioned here?
    also, any recommendation of rackets? i'm not a 'power' player (strength is not my strength), more of a 'flexible' player.
    i dont have a big budget (still schooling, and will be paying out of my own pocket).
    (can anyone explain the 2/3/4U and G4etc stuff? i can only vaguely remember it's something to do with the weight of the racket)

Thanks!

7. wubuseah

wubuseah Regular Member

Procrastination
    onegoodsoul, browse about in the marketplace forum, the topic of shops in singapore was discussed b4, most recently in the Price checklist for Rackets in S'pore thread.
    as for the issue of rackets, browse around in the equipment section
    do a search, there's an explaination about the 2U,3U,G4,G5 on the forums, i thinks there's even a sticky on it.

meanwhile, to future posters, i would suggest avoid posting non-shop detail replies on this thread as that would mess up this thread

good job on this thread simplelad !!!
    and sorry for this non-related post :eek:

8. onegoodsoul

onegoodsoul Regular Member

Student
    hi wubuseah...
    thanks for the advice!
    sorry for leading this thread off-topic. =)

9. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Yes... It seems that Queensway, Bras Besah and Sembawang shopping centre has baddy shops too... Not forgetting SBA

3+ in Queensway and Bras Besah : know none...
    1 in Sembawang shopping centre : Top floor with a BIG tennis racket outside named : ArtricPacific if i still remember clearly....plenty of choices but limited amount for each brand....
    1 in SBA : Beside the Singapore Badminton Hall , Keat Sports...never went in...but seriously have plenty of choices from what i saw:D

And of coz... Safra...so far the best i think... Electronic tensioner.... Plenty of choices of YY rackets and SOTX(u may not noe) , Prince, Winex(YY clone), and so on... Plenty of things to choose from...

And hmm?? Flexy player? Not power player??
    I would have picked MP88 if i had a choice... currently at Toa payoh safra...its going off at $175 with string and grip

Opps..almost forgot...2U/3U/4U is the weight of the racket and the tension its able to hold... its a brief 1 i got here...

2U 90~94g
    3U 85~89g
    4U 80~84g

Ultimately = Smaller Us = Heavier

G5/G4/G3 is the grip size...

G5 83mm circumference
    G4 86mm circumference
    G3 89mm circumference

Ultimately = Smaller Gs = Larger Grip

#9 Kai91, Jan 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  10. class

class New Member

i just went to the shop at 3rd floor bras besah complex to string. there was another one on the first floor(think called music box or something.) the price at the 3rd floor(Zenith Sports 'n' Optical House) was cheaper

the price of the strings are as follows

BG 65 $12
    BG 66 $14
    BG 85 $15

i got the BG 66....

the one on the first floor sold the BG 65 at $13 and the BG 85 at $17 i think after discount.

is there any more stores in bras besah?