"UP" code lower in quality?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by LazyBuddy, Jan 25, 2005.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I remember quite a few months ago, I created a thread about the "UP" code. The answer I received, it's more like a spelling mistake by Yonex, and it shoudl be no big deal.

For myself, I only saw 2 MP100 marked with "UP" up to this minute. However, both seems have some manufacture defect. 1 on the 3/9 o'clock position, there's a "dent" about 1/3 the size of finger nail. I think it should be a paint job problem, however, still recomend my friend to return it, as it could also be a structure defect.

Today, I saw the 2nd Mp100 with "UP" but the story was sad. The guy claimed that the racket was purchased for almost 1 yr (from another person, brand new as claimed), only re-strung once, and played for like several games. The racket snapped (not totally) near the 1/11 o'clock position. The tension is 22lb, and I am the stringer. With my own experience, I don't think it's the "high moon disease", as it did not appear to be. He claimed that he did not hit the floor, or get into clash. I assume a mis-hit might be the possible reason.

However, the chance of the "defect" for "UP" seems to be 100%. I know my sample pool is very limited, but i would like to see other "UP" (or, "AP", "IP", etc) users whether ur guys suffer from the same lost. :rolleyes:

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    IP is the code for indonesia area and it is not an error code. I have some rackets in IP and they are great; no problems. :)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    relax LB, i doubt it's related to high noon disease. If the user speak the truth that he had not clashed his mp100, then it is possible he had overlook some of his frame on shuttle cork contacts. Unlike 'some people' saying he or they can collaspe shuttle or break the cork, there are more incidents where the cork break or crack the racket on a fast mis-hit. That assuming decent shuttles were used.

4. LKL002

LKL002 Regular Member

Hi,

I have purchased an used Cab20 MS with the 'UP' code that was manufactured in 2003. I have been using it on and off for a few months and just recently re-strung it with Bg66 @ 24lbs. Everything seems ok so far.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol... u know me well. Yeah, once I was told about the story, I was like, "no.... did I do something wrong even with 22lb??? Here goes my reputation... :crying: " heheheheh... :D

After exam the racket, I could only make the following 2 assumptions, as the racket seems scratchless (little usage):

1. Mis-hit, as he has pretty fast and strong swing.

2. Manufacture defect / bad storage (by manufacture, distrubtor, dealer, or the user(s)).