AT800 Offense Real or Fake?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by asenk, Jan 26, 2005.

1. asenk

asenk Regular Member

This AT800 OF my mom got from Taiwan for about 3500 NT ~ 111 $US. Total of 3x AT800. 6 packs of BG85, 6 grips , 2 bottles of AS20 shuttle.. all for free (xcept the rackets) from some store in taipei.

Attached Files:

2. Super~ME!

Super~ME! Regular Member

student
    ...hello...i don't know if it's just me or the camera angle, but shouldn't the cap or cone thiny be kinda rounded like in this pic?:confused: [​IMG]

3. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Hmm perhaps its the angle....coz to me it looks real

4. duke2000

duke2000 Regular Member

Bank Officer
    It look real to me. :D
    I think the price you got is right. It should be real. (The price you got from TW is close to the price in Thailand)

In Thailand the genuine 800OF/DF price are as follow

In Malls is around US$125
    In Yonex Shop (Authorize Distributor) is around US$100 usually 20% cheaper than Mall
    In the cheapest shop (That sell the real one) is around US$85

You will get 1 year warantee from Yonex / free custom string of your choice (bg66/bg85/bg68ti/bg65ti/etc.)/ Free Yonex Armortech full size racket cover and some shop will give you some more free stuff like grip, shuttle, etc.

YY in here is real cheap, but Babolat is very expensive.

I just bought Babolat Sattlelite Pulsar US$110 with no string. (I think it a lot cheaper in some country) I also have to spend US$13.5 more for HyperBraid Micro string. :(

#4 duke2000, Jan 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The racket looks real enough to me.

Just wondering, ur total package is USD$111 *3 = USD$333 (3 AT800), right? :rolleyes:

6. asenk

asenk Regular Member

Yea racket looks real to me too.. just trying to see if you guys think so too.

SuperMe: Yea its just the angle , and the shadows, but it is roundish.

duke2000: wow 85$ is pretty cheap. Do they even make money off the racket? If there are no differences between all the AT800's from different regions, then the people who are selling the racket for 175-200$ US must be making a big profit. I wonder how much does it really cost Yonex to produce 1 racket.

LazyBuddy : Yes that's right.

Is the AT800 suppose to be head heavy? I read a review somewhere saying it was kinda head heavy, but it doesnt feel like that at all. The weight feels the same as the cab30ms.

#6 asenk, Jan 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  7. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    I can't find anythign wrong with it.
    Man, stuff is so cheap in Asia. At800 is $315 Canadian here.......or $245 US......that about 3 times the price of an At-800 in thailand...........with only bg65 too :crying:

8. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    From your pic. look REAL.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    From the pictures.. it is real :)

10. kelvinlieu

kelvinlieu Regular Member

Real

REAL I have a fake look at the pics in my forum, i seen a real one. I can tell cus the serial numbers are pure white not like fake how u can hardly see them. also the sp is close to the cone mine further out, the fonts of the armortec ar at close range fakes are further apart. There are more too it.

11. ben1680

ben1680 Regular Member

Wow, $85 sound very cheap, duke2000. Is there anyway someone from this forum can help buy some of this original racket for me? Or starting a group buy perhaps? Thanks in advance :)

12. duke2000

duke2000 Regular Member

Bank Officer
    I can buy and send it to you. Group buy is a good idea beacuse it will save a lot of shipping cost. But I don't know about how to proper pack it (to make sure that it won't break on the way) and the shipping cost that may occur. Give me some more days (like a week) I'll go to some shops this week-end and ask whether they receive international order or not. (or atleast to know that they can pack it to be ready for shipping for me) I'm not sure it will worth oder it from here because the final cost is

the racket cost+packing+shipping+custom tax that may occur in some country (I can declair as gift though)

I'll check the exact price of the racket from each shop and the estimate shipping+packing cost and I'll let you know.

13. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I refer to your 2nd attached photo showing the serial no. and date code as
    5092527 030843TW (date= 3 Aug 2004).

I keyed in the information to my list of Yonex rackets, the serial no. and date code are OK.

IMHO, the AT800-OF is genuine.

14. ben1680

ben1680 Regular Member

Thank you very much Duke2000. I am waiting for the info from you.

15. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

God, $85 for an AT800! I should have asked my friends who went on holiday there to get me some. If I ever get out there, I'm gonna buy LOADS of cheap rackets. Hell, the savings from the rackets can half pay for the trip!

16. Ben_minton

Ben_minton Regular Member

Duke2000, U$85 for AT800 + accessories is truely a good buy. Is it possible for u to identify the shop & tel. I may tell my colleagues to pop in & get me one when he go to Bangkok next month.:)

17. duke2000

duke2000 Regular Member

Bank Officer
    I've call several shops today,

The cheapest place is behind Sanam-Sup National Stadium There are several shops around there. (not far from MBK Mar-Boon-Klong Center) The price for AT800OF (TH) as of today is 3,300 Baht ~ US$87 (38 Baht = 1 USD) come with armortech cover but without string. If you want it string, you need to add US$4-5 to get YY string like BG68ti, BG66, BG85, etc. (Labor always free in Thailand)

The average price (from the other places, except in the mall) are around 3500-3990 Baht ~ US$92-105 Most of them give you a free custom string of your choice (Yonex string) So, the price are not much diffrent.

All of them (that I call) are not accept international order (They are not good at English and don't wan't to mess with shipping, currency exchange, custom and etc.)

PM me if anyone want any more information. ;)

18. ben1680

ben1680 Regular Member

Thanks for the info Duke_2000. Are you or anyone willing to help me buy 2 or 3 of those racket and forward it to me in Australia?
    The fact is that, first, I can't buy it locally here, it is not available.
    Second, I can't buy from Ebay or some other shop and mail it to me, since there is a big chance that they are fake. There are a lot of fake racket out there, even worse considering the fact that there are now getting more and more similar with the original, eq. laser engraved serial number, etc, even normal shop can sometimes be deceived.
    I believe you or other member of this forum should be able to spot the difference. So, anyone can help me? Thanks a lot in advance...

19. Hawjchivkeeb

Hawjchivkeeb Regular Member

Hey duke2000,

Can you please also check the price for the MP100 racquet as well. I'm interested to buy one MP100 and one AT800.

20. duke2000

duke2000 Regular Member

Bank Officer
    I didn't call to the shop yet, but as I know MP-100 in Thailand are not very cheap. It's about the same price as AT800OF. (Last month the cheapest price is around 3200 Baht without string at shops near SanamSup National Stadium). Yonex-TH shop sell MP-100 around 3,9xx Baht (Just 50-60 Baht cheaper than AT800) (now 38 Baht = 1 USD it used to be 40 Baht = 1 USD)

ben1680 ->
    I'm not sure it still a good idea to order it from Thailand and ship it to your country because the total price you will have to pay is a lot more than the original price. If you find shop that usually sell via Internet it may cheaper to get it from those shops.

To order it from here you have to pay Credit Card processing fee (or international money transfer fee) which one you use, exchange loss, shipping cost, packing cost, perhaps you may have custom tax charge at destination.

All expenses together (except custom tax) may cost you as high as $40-$70 (USD) per order. It will worth only you order many of them at the same time because shipping are not much different between 1 or 5 rackets.

My suggestion is you find shops that sell over Internet (the good one) and see whether the price is acceptable or not. If the price is OK you better buy direct from that shop. If you really can not find one or still can not find where to get it at the acceptable price Just Send PM to me I'm willing to help you.