Ji Xinpeng VS Yong Hock Kin

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I was in my school library today enjoying the cool aircon in my free period today and i decided to read the sports new from the newspaper..... I found out about Gopi's disapointing defeat and Lin Dan's hard earned victory and several other stuff.

But i saw the results of the Ji VS Yong match as 7-2 ret.....

For those of you who went, prehaps Modious, Budi or maybe Yudhi, what happened to Yong? It must have been something serious for him to have retired after 1 set.....

2. Gro

Gro Guest

Yong pulled his left thigh muscle. Poor fellow, I have a feeling his career in badminton is coming to an end, but I pray that I am wrong.

3. JC

JC Guest

Gro,
    What do you mean 'you have a feeling'. Of course the old geyser's finished and only his fans and he would not admit it. Partly old age, partly under-achieving ache. JC

4. 2rupiahs

2rupiahs Guest

after he lost the 1st. set,he turned around to face his coach Kwan YM, flashed a wry smile, then went up to Xinpeng who happened to be just across the net & raised his right hand .Xinpeng looked surprised but knew Yong's intention almost instantly and sportingly shook his hand.Yong then approached the umpire, of course to let him know he was retiring.

5. Budi

Budi Guest

But Ji Xinpeng lost to Johan Hadikusuma.
    Is Johan related to Alan Budikusuma? they look like twins.

6. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Yes, Johan is Alan younger brother!

7. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Haha ... So I see, me, Modious and Budi were speculating the apparent likeness between them.