Which is better AT800OF or AT800DF

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelvinlieu, Jan 28, 2005.

1. kelvinlieu

kelvinlieu Regular Member

I have both the AT800 OF and AT800 DF. I am more of an attacking player and I love my smashes. But I tried both racquets for some reason I feel more comfortable with the AT800 DF then the OF. It even feels abit lighter for some reason. Both of them are 4u4g. Im thinking of putting a grip around them to see if it makes any difference. I've read up on some views where most people prefer the OF then the DF. But it is true because it is a DF makes you sound like your a defensive player. What racquet do you think is the better of?

2. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    the armortec800def IS lighter....personally i own a OFF but my friend has a DEF so we switched a few times for doubles. i prefer the OFF because it seems odd that a offensive racket like the armortec can be made to be defensive. the extra shock that the DEF absorbs would work against the speed and power of the smash that the racket series is designed for whereas the OFF would add the the speed and power.

again...the DEF *IS* lighter.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think it's the stiffness tricked u. DE is not as stiff as OF, therefore, it's easier to swing at higher speed. ;)