babolat tennis bags

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by chickenpoodle, Jan 29, 2005.

1. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

hi guys.
    i went bag hunting the other day, and i found a babolat 6-racquet tennis bag.
    it was nice and all, but for what i was looking for, it was a tad big.
    http://www.tennisnuts.com/ishop/677/shopscr679.html

i liked the design and construction, so i asked for the 3-racquet varient, and he didn't have any in stock.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.tennisnuts.com/ishop/677/shopscr1265.html

he said the next time was going to be in late february...

not being the type to want to wait, i checked online, and found it at a good price over at www.tennis-warehouse.com

their site is down currently, so i had to resort to using tennisnuts for my reference links!

a friend said however, that the 3-racquet versions of bags tend to be not as well made, being flimsier and such.
    is this true? can anyone attest to the quality of this particular bag?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I prefer a larger bag.

To me, no bag could be "too large", as I can stuff multiple rackets (with original cover), clothes (summer session gone through 5-6 shirts in 3 hrs), shoes, extra grips, towels, wrist bands, knee pads, shuttles, index cards and pens.

3. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

well, it was planned to be used during the school time, such as now...
    so what i'd really need it to hold is...

badminton stuff:
    2 racquets
    tube of shuttles
    pants, shirt
    shoes
    water, granola/energy bars
    scissors

school stuff:
    palm pda + folding keyboard
    pen, pencil, eraser
    3 thin folders

and i guess the miscellaneous stuff, like wallet, etc.

i usually carried a normal bag (messager or backpack) with everything in it, and either held the racquets or had them slung over my shoulder, and stuck inside the bag as well.
    but i'm sorta tired of that, and figured a smaller 3 racquet bag will suffice, since looking at the bag contents thread, you guys crammed whole bedroom's full of kit inside 6 racquet bags. haha.

things like extra grips and stuff aren't really necessary, since i prefer to deal with those at home, so i can take my time and do a good job with it, instead of doing a half-butted job at the gym and end up hating it.

i thought everything i listed up there should fit, and i take public transportation to and from school too, so the smaller the bag, the better.

what do you recommend?

#3 chickenpoodle, Jan 29, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  4. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    totally agree with you on that one, I have a big Yonex model 724 bag and I do stick everything in it.... racquets, tubes of shuttles and the works.... and like you I also travel to school, so I tend not to carry the big bag at all, mostly for my club for the wkends.... I acquired a Hi-Qua 3 racquet bag a long time ago.... and I used that primarily going to school with my set of extra change in my backpack.... flimsy or not, I think the 3 racquet bag is still useful, cause I think my Hi Qua is somewhat flimsy too.... but 6 yrs, still here.... :rolleyes: