Registering your racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Hawjchivkeeb, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Hawjchivkeeb

Hawjchivkeeb Regular Member

I have recently bought an Armortec 800 badminton racquet on ebay, which it shipped from China. I received an e-mail from Ebay about registering my racquet in this web site to verify whether it is a fake or real. Can anyone tell me where do I go about registering it?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's interesting! do you mind posting the email here?

4. Hawjchivkeeb

Below is the letter:

"Hello, when you get this racket from the seller, please check the laser engraved serial numbers on the shaft, should start with 4 followed by 6 numbers. This first 7 digit number is unique to each YONEX badminton racket. The second number is the date code DDMMYX = day month and year followed by cc distribution code, sp or ch or kh something like that then go to www.badmintoncentral.com and register your racket to check for verification! Many rackets that are sold in china are copies, not authentic YONEX rackets! YONEX rackets are only made in JAPAN, not made in tawian/china."

I went through a few badminton shops via the internet to check for the price of an Armortec 800 and it seems relatively high...over $200. However, the one that I just bought on ebay, was about half of its regular price at the shop. Any help to identify whether my racket is authentic or fake is appreciated (serial number: 3748033/270389SP). A cousins of mine bought two Armortec 800 rackets from a friend (imported from china) for $180 each and those rackets would not as smooth as the one that my other cousin bought from the shop. I have not had a chance to try mine so I don't know the taste of it.

5. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Since the batch serial no is 270389SP, it indicates the date of manufacture is Mar 27, 2008; therefore, it is a fake since we are not in 2008 yet.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. 5th digit of cone serial is "8", which means 2008 = fake

2. Shaft serial is too low. AT800 is 2004 model, which means it will start in high 4xxxxxx. = fake

Sorry...

Now, it's down to urself what u should do next. If you really want a yonex, u might consider contact the seller, and warn him and ask for the refund. If u just want a racket, hope this racket's quality is not too bad, and at least usable for a while.

7. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

so eBay have taken notice of bluejeff and now send warnings to purchasers of Yonex racquets. Hmmm.

8. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    bluejeff/kwun should be collecting royalty, if the email actually originates from Ebay, and not the seller.

Outstanding job, bluejeff.

-dave

9. Hawjchivkeeb

How certain that it is a fake? !00%?

The color and every thing looks exactly as those at the shop, except a sticker indicated its weight of 2u, 3g.

10. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    There is no 2U Armortec... definitely a 100% fake at the sounds of it by now.. sorry to burst your bubble mate. But that's life.

11. Hawjchivkeeb

Ok, thank you for your judgement. I will contact the seller. As I received the email I posted above from some one in ebay, a suspicion is bubbling in my head.

Do you recommend to buy racquet from ebay? I was thinking about bidding for a MP100 on ebay, but I'm afraid that the racket is fake.

12. onegoodsoul

onegoodsoul Regular Member

Student
    1) ask the seller for the serial # of the racket before bidding...
    2) link the website here, so that experienced members can help you with identification

good luck to you for your next racket!

(p/s can you post the 'nickname' of the ebay seller you bought the racket from here, so that other users of this forum can be more wary when they make similar purchases and bids? thanks~)

13. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I think Kwun and/or Bluejeff should contact eBay and correct the mis-information in their email. For example, low-end Yonex racquets are made in China or Taiwan but not the high-end models. They should require that the auction ad display the note so that potential bidders can verify although it is no guarantee as when asked, the seller can provide a fake number anyhow.

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    lol, I did send some emails to people, but this particular email is not written by me :)

Which means there are more and more people are awared of fakes; that's a good thing :)

15. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Only VeRO can do that, which would be Yonex, INC. Individuals cannot do a thing and eBay will not listen (as I have already sent tons of emails to eBay in past two years)

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Go to the same thread I sent, and download bluejeff's most recent "fake seller list". If the seller for the MP100 is NOT on his list, and seems like a reputable seller (ask around in BF!), then, the chance to be a fake is minimized.

Just keep in mind, bidding on ebay is totally blind, if u want to take teh chance for saving several $$$, u have to take the greater chance of risk. If you are worried, then, just settle a dealer with a reputable local / online dealer. ;)

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    100% + another 100% when u say it's "2U". AT800 only has 3u and 4u versions. ;)

18. Hawjchivkeeb

I checked my e-mail at home but couldn't find his nick. Will try to check again and will post in here when found. As I recalled his nick starts as sissy, something like that. This is my first time I bought things from ebay. Thanks for everyone's responses.