Have to play in a non-standard court...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dreamcatcher, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Regular Member

In my school, we have to learn badminton in ill-measured courts:mad: . The courts are so small, the sidelines and the backline are both misplaced. My games there are nightmares! Every time I do a high clear, the bird just goes over the line for about a yard when it supposes to land in(or)on the line in a proper court, the smashes or drops will just go off the sidelines:( . Now, there will be a final exam, a tournament taken place on these light-forsaken courts!

What should I do? Thanks for any comment.

Dreamcatcher

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    oh gezz that really sucks th have to play on those courts then well all i can say it try your best and if you can talk to the gym teacher or sombody in a high place with a good deal of power so that it might be possible for them to get the lines of the courts repainted, well is the court the regulation width because if it is and there is room then thgey shoudl be able to just repaint the lines...well it wouldent be that easy but atleast yuu woudl have regulation courts. we have the regulation courts but there is a psroblem and that is that they are so close to the wall that i become afraid to go back for a smash fearing i might hit the wall. but for the tournament i woudl say just practice for it and well if your hitting out just use lsess power, more control less power. hope that helps somewhat...

3. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Regular Member

Lines repainted? That sounds a good idea Smashmaster, but the tournament will start tomorrow! Btw, I have found a way to help solve this prob a bit. By using a worn-out RSL Silver, my shots tend to stop suddenly in mid-air. This at least makes me feel more comfortable to do a high clear or a net lob.

Just hope tomorrow will be my day,

Dreamcatcher

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Re-paint the line in 24 hrs might be mission impossible. However, "tape" the lines with proper measurements using painter's tape could be done for a rate of 20-30 min per court. Of course, this requires some hard work. If you can get the permission, and get several ppl willing to work, it's do-able. :)

5. tranvi007

tranvi007 Regular Member

Student
    Been there done that, lost too...

I've played at official school tournaments, in an unofficial court. Same with unofficial net heights. The people who owns the court are use to it, with give them an unfair advantage. I've lost that way, it sux.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree, it could be very frustrated. :(

7. tranvi007

tranvi007 Regular Member

Student
    Use Weaker Strings

Use a string tension that is lower than usually. This will make due for he lenght of the shot.