Proper Technique

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by TrunkZ69, Aug 19, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    hmm.... lately, i've been playing and my lower bicep area has been hurting. Im thinking it's from improper technique. Like the ring arround my lower bicep really hurts after a bit. Not even that long of just solid playing. I doubt it's from being weak, cause it just recently started to occur. Well, could you guys show me and sites or jsut tell me how you guys do your smash/clear/drops. And like could you explain really in dept when you guys are tlaking about the use of the forearm and teh wrist? Cause my friend says i maybe be trying to smash harder now a days and i might throw my elbow out a lil too much when i smash. Ok, thx bye.

2. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Think it may be a case of string tension being way too high for your arm power to take. Compounded by poor contact on certain shots, hence straining your arm!

I had the same problem once, when I put my racket at 24-25lbs. It still acts up once in a while now, though not too often. And I've since put the tension down to 23 lbs, and my arm is quite confortable now.

Hope this helps.

3. no gain no gain my friend. it will hurt you till your body adapts to all the turning and twisting of your play style.

4. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Tricep?

Are you referring to the tricep muscles (the underarm area)? The tricep is used considerably more than the bicep the execution of badminton strokes. The bicep is a pulling muscle that is used for bending the arm (and carrying your racket bag as someone else pointed out).

Relax your grip and arm when you play. There should be very little tension in the muscles of your arm and shoulders. Players often tense up thinking that this will help to produce power. Too much tension in the arm and shoulder is actually very counterproductive to producing a powerful shot.

5. Re: Tricep?

yah they say u always hold the racket very slightly loose, and tighten ur grip split second before contact. (i guess to make sure the angle of racket is correct and the racket does not fly off) n if ur muscles hurt, after 2-3 matches, my whole leg will hurt, especially the lower part.