Suggestions for a new racket for SGD 80-100

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Nexis, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Nexis

Nexis Regular Member

Hi

I am new to this forum. Played badminton during school days. Recently picked up becos of company games, since then, I am hooked.. :D

If I am more of a offensive player, wat racket would you recommend in SGD 80-90 range? Would generally prefer a 3u racket with head heavy ability and as long as the racket is not super stiff, I am ok.

Tried my colleagues Proace rackets. Which country is Proace originated from, Malaysia?

Would appreciate greatly if you can help in suggesting a good racket. Thank you.

Nexis.

2. onegoodsoul

onegoodsoul Regular Member

Student
    from what i read on this forum, APACS new racket Armor Muscle 09 seems to fit your description quite well. PM me if you're interested in knowing more. =) Apparently they do have some good rackets, reasonably priced.

Another suggestion is to look at Kason rackets. I dont know how much they cost back in Singapore (can someone enlighten?), but some on bbe cost about $100. Their TSF range rackets are quite head-heavy and powerful.

Another racket you can look at is the La Fleche 5000. it's retailing for $110 in HongKong.

Have fun with your search!

3. Nexis

Nexis Regular Member

hey onegoodsoul, great mind think alike.

i happened to just bought Apacs Muscle 09 from a sg yahoo auction. Nice seller. He has a ready stock and brought it down to my area. As i have previously ordered nano 7000, he recommended me AM 09 for more offensive power, end up cancelling my nano order and bought AM09 instead.

I bought it at SGD55 with BG66, after bargaining with him :p .

Had not tried it, but wish to aquire one more racket, preferably Yonex or Carlton. But at 80-100 range, know its quite tough.

Think he is also a member of this forum. Also ordered some grips from him too.

If you guys just need apacs/yangyang/proace racket, his price is ok. Has arrange with him to put me in his mailing list should there be any new models coming up.

Think must get commision from him liao. A friendly guy.

You can email him at sportsnergy@yahoo.com.sg or sms him at 97680612, said recommended by Nex. (then i can drew comission..hahaha..joking onli):D

4. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    for around $80 difficult to get a good yonex racket.the best you can only get is a fake racket or those clone rackets like apacs and proace.proace is from uk.but i was wondering eh like how did you buy your first apacs racket.im still a teen so dont really know how to use e auction.can u pm me and tell me alittle about it.

5. Zongy

Zongy Regular Member

Student
    Proace Rackets

I heard that proace rackets will deform if left in direct sunlight...is that true?

6. NiKYEAM

NiKYEAM Regular Member

Student
    I think all rackets will deform if left in direct sunlight. ProAce is just nice to tell you. :D

7. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    Apacs racket more likely to deform than proace. This topic has been discussed in another thread. Go use the search engine and check it out.

8. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

If you want yonex racket, go for arcsaber 002 or 003