Tony

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by londgras, Aug 19, 2001.

1. londgras

londgras Guest

Hey, can tony speak english? I saw him chatting with a danish player, as well as with Liu Yong...I heard very clearly Liu Yong was speaking Mandarin. and he was nodding and laughing all the way thru. Frankly speaking, I never knew so many people know him... but it was a pity he left so early in the finals. The reports were saying that sigit has a right arm injury so he lost. Humph!

Anyway, I was siting behind the umpire and i noticed candra & Sigit were not communicating at all. because words are supercial for them already? telepathy?

before coming for the singapore open, i've always read that tony is very friendly etc....i got to witness this time round. He was always so patient, never a frown. My friend caught Taufik's attention but he ignored her, and turned back to ask her to be quiet. Well, maybe just too many people were shouting his name that he was frustrated.

Did anybody look fur Tony? Would you like to share how you felt?

2. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, he speaks English albeit with an Indonesian accent. Heard him telling someone that he was headed for the Philippines after the Sing Open to take part in the Asian Badminton C'ships.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Hmm, I managed to get Candra and Tony's signitures during this tournament. If you ask me, Tony, is more friendly, he smiled and nodded when i said "terima Kasih" to him after he signed my book. Friendly guy..... thats why i like Tony the most out of the 4 of them.

When the Candra/Tony combination split, i continued to support Tony instead of Candra, don't get me wrong, i still support Candra but i support Tony more. Anyhow, good game won for Tony/Halim yesterday, excellent match for them.

4. londgras

londgras Guest

i was sitting very near the players when they were at the match. Whenever halim made an error, his expression was one of slight dismay, but once he turned around, he would turn into an encouraging face for Halim, so that he won't feel so bad. honestly, i think they communicated much much better than candra/sigit that day.

anyway, does candra always sit AWAY from the squad? He made himself very approachable....by sitting up there. I saw him playing with baby......very nice .

5. lindy

lindy Guest

I was taking a phto with him and I put my arm around his, i think he was quite surprised....well..at least that was how he turned out in the photo. I was literally drooling over him in the finals...before he went on court. I was sitting behind, looking into the lil space where they warmed up.

6. lindy

lindy Guest

who is a better player? Tony or Sigit?

Anyway, the papers sounded as if T/H won because of sigit's injury.....veri unfair.

7. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    hmm, not sure, maybe he just wanted some time to himself? Also Sigit was also to busy flirting with the China girls! lol

8. nauknip

nauknip Regular Member

He sat with Ronald most of the time, and on the last 2 days, with Caroline as well!!

9. u guys should notice how candra played int he finals, he made so many errors!!!

10. BYs

BYs Guest

any reason for that? i think sth fishy is going between he and sigit