how to grow taller

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by shawn30_k, Feb 4, 2005.

1. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    anyone has any tips on how to grow taller like what to do or eat??im very curious about this qn.

2. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Swimming a lot will expand your shoulders and make you grow a bit taller.

It depends on how ol dyou are. Just eat your vegetables and eat healthy.

3. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

they (yes :D the reliable 'they') say playing basketball helps :confused: though i seriously question its validity.

4. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    drink more milk?

5. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    For those who are still in the growing stage... drink more milk!! No 2 is to have enough sleep. You grow your most when you are sleeping.... and 3rdly play badminton!!!! :cool::cool:

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I doubt it. My 2 elder brothers seldom play any sport. And I was in my high school basketball team for 4 years. They are both 4 inches taller than me. :eek:

7. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Its genetic, your maximum height is determined by gene :D
    However u can maximise your growth by eating healthy..
    Such as adequate protein intake.. fibres... vitamin.... and lots of rest
    Balance lifestyle is the key~

LenaicM likes this.
  8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Quote from my gf:
    "Find Tall Parents!!"
    :p

9. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    maybe they sleep alot like what FEND said...no wonder i dun feel tall i sleep too little...at 13 im only 164

10. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Actually you are quite tall. Males uaually grow til 16 or 17 years old. I was only 160 when I was 13, I grew 20 more when I was 17.

11. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    lol - glad i didn't stop growing then - i was still growing when i turned 21 - remember suddenly being able to see above the fridge.

hmmm - your right - maximum height is genetic, but rumour has it that subjecting the body to the correct conditions can cause the right gene's to turn on and off - certain defiencies are known to lead to stunted growth and scientists believe there is no reason that the reverse couldn't be true.

finding the right conditions thought could be difficult. if you could sleep upside down without getting brain damage theni'm sure the unnatural elongations of your spine would gain you some inches, perhaps if you slept this way for a long time during the growing stages of your life it would result in extra height.

other thoughts - having the correct posture would probably work, hold yourself upright, any slouching is bound to have an effect on the muscles in body and could cause problems in later life..

remember being tall has it's con's as well as pro's - most tall people suffer from a bad back simply because the muscles in their backs don't get the time to develop unless the owner actively improves them.

and if you get way too tall your going to end up stooping to talk to people and duck ceiling lights and door frames and all sorts. when your heads up in the clouds your bound to walk in to something, tall people are certainly more prone to head injuries - and the higher centre of balance results in court work being harder work, and co-ordination is much harder - a lot of tall badminton players look ungainly on court.

just a few things to think about - be happy about your size - and work around it. my coach was only 5ft tall - but i've never matched his court speed and i'm 6'3", he can jump far higher than me and generates just as much power....

12. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

When I was in Taiwan, I saw these TV advertisement about some products that help grow 3 or 4 inches in 1 or 2 months. For sure I myself won't try it because i don't care whether I'm 3 inches taller or shorter, but just cursious if any one tried it before to see if it really works. ;)

13. luphy

luphy New Member

it's all bout the gene u get from your parents....sad to say but there's physical exam where they measure some where in your back and determine your max height, the more opening space u get, the taller you will get, as far as those Gymnastics professionals and martial art professionals, due to intense amount of weights and training they had since little, the gap close up and eventually decrease the limit of growing, sad to say, but welcome to the reality...

14. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

It's similiar to the theory the aqarium owner told me when I bought my 2 oscars. If my tank is on 55 gallons, they won't grow bigger than 12 inches. If I give them a 100 gallons tanks, they will grow up to 16 inches. :rolleyes:

15. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    ya ok thanks for all the reply but at my age now its not advisable to go to the gym and work out now right???keep the tips coming

16. cchyboy

cchyboy Regular Member

Student
    yes you still can.toning the muslcles will not stunt growth.it is good that you build up some muscles,since you are a badminton player,you need the strength to smash and to clear.

17. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    really im scared that it will hinder me from growing taller.is there any other ways to grow taller???

18. cchyboy

cchyboy Regular Member

Student
    play alot of basketball,drink milk and keep jumping thats it. :p

19. other

other Regular Member

Student
    yup play basketball, jump as much as possible when playing badminton:D (just take care to land properly and twist your ankle), drink lots of milk, and sleep well (that's when human growth factor is turned on)...and eat proper food....otherwise you'll be getting wider and not taller:D

20. hjuvane

hjuvane New Member

growing taller

I know what you could also do. Besides sleeping and drinking extra milk, try eating more vegetables than you usually do. Avoid caffeine, or, in other words, stay away from coffee. :)

They also say that remaining faithful will also help. Do you have any tips that I don't know of?