Racket Prices in India (Chennai)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Yogi, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

G'day all,

I had been to india on a recent visit and eventhough i dont play baddy now, i went and found out pricesof rackets.The prices quoted are obtainable but generally not the same for everybody. The pricing Mechanism is based on your knowledge of rackets and the local market and obviously as in any asian country RAPPORT that you can strike.

The prices are obtainable to anyone, if you know how to bargain and are not special prices offered to Sponsored players. Its also useless to know the price if a racket is out of stock. The prices will be inflated and can be reduced drastically. AT 800, 700,500 etc were out of stock and thus i did not venture into asking them the price.

Prices read as Indian Rupees (INR) and approximated to Australian (AUD), (as per prices from Xe on the day of posting) and rounded up. These are the BEST prices quoted by different shops in the same locality. The difference between these agents and SUNRISE would be 2000~3000 INR for high end models.

Ti 10 Sp INR 3800 ~112 AUD
    Ti 7 Sp INR 2350 ~ 70 AUD
    Ti 8,5,3 No stock
    Iso Ti swingpower No stock

Mp 100 Sp INR 4200 ~125 AUD
    Mp 99 Sp INR 4550 ~ 135 AUD
    Mp 77Sp INR 3500 ~105 AUD
    Mp 88 No stock

Cab 20 tour (Green) INR 1900 ~58 AUD (Old Logo obviously)
    Cab 20Sp (Violet and Black new YY Logo Laser sketched serial nos) INR 2200 ~ 65 AUD with Bg 7 Guts. No choice about the guts as they are already pre strung.They dont have the old symbol Cab 20's or even the old design of Orange and black.
    Cab 21Sp INR 2350 ~70AUD
    Cab 20 and 21 "SPECIAL" INR 1800 ~ 53 AUD
    Cab 25 INR 2500 ~ 75AUD
    Cab 23,30, 20 power, long etc Out of Stock

Isometric 600 INR 3200 ~ 95 AUD (Old Logo obviously)
    Iso 900, 800, 200,100 No stock

They had several models of lower Mp rackets. As i was not aware of the models i was not willing to ask them the prices. I saw someone buy an Mp 23 or 28 (Not able to make out 3 or 8) for INR 1300 ~ 40AUD. I have been out of India for more than 2 years and have not been playing badminton for more than that. So i was not going to ask prices of rackets i was not sure of. Thus if the rackets are old models, it is primarily due to my lack of knowledge of the newer models and the prices in local market.

Higher end models can be ordered and prices negotiable. As most indians are poor and tend to break rackets easily, they tend to stock cheaper rackets in the price range of 1100 to 3000 INR only. The better ones like the Mp 99 are available but not in huge quantities.

They had Babolat, Gosen, Ashaway and other Brands. I was interested in the Rasmussen tour and they said have stopped carrying Carlton because it tarnished their reputation due to the defects with the Airblade series of Rackets.

The price of Babolat Comet as quoted by the official agent of Babolat was INR 2900~ 87AUD. But the price Quoted by them was INR 2550 ~ 75AUD.

These rackets are real as per yonex Serial DDMMYx. I checked the ones i was able to view. They are all Sp versions and they dont carry any other Versions. I have seen an HK version of an Mp 100 though about 2 years back. So its about demand and supply and they never carry JP,CN,CP etc

Hope this helps

P.s: I actually bought the last 3 Cab 20 Sp in the market. I paid 1900 INR as i bought 3 of them and also did not want the racket cover. So i was able to negotiate it down from INR 2200. I shall try to provide the serial codes. I know they were manufactured on the year 2003 but dont remember the exact numbers. I have wrapped grips on them. No film in my SLR so no pictures. Sorry. All were 2U G5. Also bought 6 Bg 65's for INR 90 each or ~ A$2.80

I presonally believe that he sources his rackets from Singapore and thus if any of you can find his supplier i am sure you guys can negotiate a better price. He refused to give me his suppliers name or number in singapore.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Serial Nos

G'day,

As mentioned in my earlier message, i am posting the serial number of one of the Cab 20's that i bought recently. As the other two are unstrung i am not removing the torno's in favour of Towel.

Cone: 051133SP i.e Manufactured on the 5th Nov 2003 (3 dont know what) South Pacific or Singapore. I am not sure how durable this would be comapred to the older sturdier versions that we have come to associate Cab 20's with.

Over and Out

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    where did you buy these raqcuets from ???

where did you buy these raqcuets from ???
    city;state; & shop name; etc etc....

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Malayali,

Just going by your name, i am sure you should have heard of Chennai (Madras) and i am sure you know which state it's in. Unless, you grew up in chennai (Madras) me providing you details of the shop name and directions are totally futile. If you do land up in chennai, try to head to Kasi Chetty lane (street whatever) and hopefully you can find the shops there. I dont know the name of the different shops. I think one of them is called "INspiration Motherhood" or something like that.

I suppose it answers your city, state and shop etc etc questions.

Best of luck

5. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    oops, i did not see the heading of your posting.
    so Kasi Chetty lane it is....
    i will be going to Chennai sometime during May & so I will ckeck it out.
    Thanks Dude.