String type and tension for Babolat Satelite Nitro

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by remy22, Feb 10, 2005.

1. remy22

remy22 New Member

Hi.
    This is my first post as a new member of the forum. I've been playing badminton for about 10 years now (am currently in university). I play at badminton club nights and with friends on weekends. My old racquet has recently broken and am now looking to purchase the Babolat Satelite Nitro. I have, however, absolutely no idea on what to choose when it comes to string tension and type. I can either get the Hyperbraid micro or Gut VS Touch strings on the racquet. For someone who plays regularly, but not at competition level, looking for a powerful, yet controllable string combination, could someone please advise me as to which strings to choose and at what tension.
    Thanks a lot
    Remy

2. duke2000

duke2000 Regular Member

Bank Officer
    Hi,

String tension is on personal preferences. I have Sattlelite Pulsar and have tried both VS Touch 0.7 and Hyperbraided Micro. For my Pulsar I feel 22x24lbs is right for me with Hyperbraid Micro.

If you want to try VS Touch I would suggest to string it at 22lbs+ (should add 1 to 2lbs more than you usually used with other string) I know that gut is not durable especially with high tension. But it has a very high repulsion. If you strung it at low tension like 20lbs, you'll feel that VS Touch is too bouncy, too soft, less control. For me VS Touch is better at 22-24lbs. or up. You should also expect it to break within a few weeks. I'm not kidding, VS Touch is the least durable string I've ever used. :D

You can download string pattern for your Nitro at
    http://www.babolat.com/english/badminton/teampro/index.php
    http://www.babolat.com/english/badminton/teampro/fiches/racket_fich_summary.php?idproduit=63

3. remy22

remy22 New Member

Thanks very much for the info duke..it is much appreicated. I think on your advice then I'll go for the hyperbraid micro strings, with a 22x24lb configuration.
    Cheers!
    Remy

4. duke2000

duke2000 Regular Member

Bank Officer
    Today,

I let my friends try my Pulsar using Hyperbraid Micro @22x24. All of them like it and feel that this racket is easier to get used to than my AT800OF. (They tried my AT800OF before, but not play well with it because they're not get used to this head heavy I think. But for my Pulsar they can play very well with it at the first time.) They also like this string with this tension.

However, my string on Pulsar just broke in my friend hand. May be many miss hit cause the string breakage at the top part. :( I use it about 10 times 2-4 hours each. (My friend hit extremely hard though. It should last longer if I just use it myself)

So, Hyperbraid Micro is not a very durable string with high tension. (I'm still like it anyway) If you're not worry about its durability it should be a good choice. But if you don't want to restring quite often, you may take a look at Hyperbraid 0.7

Now, I'm restring it with Yonex new BG88Ti (Imported from Japan) @22.5x24 (Just want to try BG88Ti) I didn't play with it yet, have to wait until next week. I'll let you know how is BG88Ti comparing with Hyperbraid Micro after I've tried it next week. :D

Hope you enjoy your new racket (What ever you choose) ;)