MP100 vs. AT800

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Hawjchivkeeb, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Hawjchivkeeb

Hawjchivkeeb Regular Member

Any opinion on those two models?

2. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Just to clarify, which AT-800 are you referring to, or both?
    jl

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    dun forget 2u,3u, 4u range between mp100 and at800

4. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

and grip size (ok its getting a bit pedantic, someone answer Hawjchivkeeb's question).
    jl

5. TaRaKaN

TaRaKaN Regular Member

yeah you fussy and lazy ppl... do it... do it now!!! if he doesn't give you any weights or what not just give him a general overview... LOL :D

6. MicrowavableFun

MicrowavableFun Regular Member

student
    My friend has an MP-100 and I have and Armortec 800 OF
    I think the MP-100 is heavier, but is more balanced and slightly easier to control. But the Armortec 800 has a lot more power and is way lighter. (plus it's orange :))

7. Hawjchivkeeb

Hawjchivkeeb Regular Member

Sorry, I should have been more specific. However, I was meant to say MP100 3u, 4g vs. AT 800 Offensive.

8. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    The MP-100 3U would be more powerful when compared to an AT-800 OF 4U, and maybe even against than the 3U version too. I think the MP-100 may have better control also due to its even balance as opposed to the AT-800 OF head-heavy balance. However, this is my speculation since I don't own an AT-800 OF yet so don't take it as facts. I think I have tried it once but it was not long enough for me to make any real comparision.

Also, don't forget this changes from players to players. That's what it boils down to ultimately. If the player is able to generate faster swings and feels more comfortable with the AT-800 OF, then it would be the better one overall.

9. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

imo mp 100 feels more SOLID than the at 800s, the at 800 feels a bit hollow when i do a smash (perhaps lightweight:confused: ), whereas mp 100 feels like i'm holding a solid racket.

i think this goes for all at and mp's, cuz at's are generally lighter than the mp's...

10. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Yeah I felt that way too when I was trying out the AT-800DE (4U) and AT-700 (4U) and the Ti-10 (3U). For some reason, there is a big difference in the solidness when clearing & the bird between the Ti-10 (2U) and Ti (3U). Only the MP-99 (3U) kind of have that solid feeling as I have yet to try the 3U version of the higher-end Armortec racquets.

11. g_man

g_man Regular Member

I have the same dilemma right now whether to get the MP100 or the AT800 DE. I'm a novice player but Im not planning to go into competition anytime soon, just purely recreational :) I play both singles and doubles.

I already decided to get either of the 2. String would be yonex BG-88 TI (or BG68 TI) stringed at 25lbs. 4U 4G specs. I'll be using a yonex ti grip.

What racket would be more forgiving to mistakes/form? Ease of smashes?

Currently Im using a MMOA racket and Im going to upgrade to a yonex :)

Thanks!

12. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

i have mp-100 3U G4 and armortec 800 OF 4U G5. i like my armortec better cuz it's lighter and i think it gives me more power when i smash the right way... hahaha
    but swinging-wise, i think i can swing the mp-100 faster cuz it's more even balanced...
    i usually use my armortec and i use my mp when i have to wait for my armortec to get restrung...

13. ViolentByDesign

ViolentByDesign New Member

Student
    I'm having this dilemma too. I've been playing for my school's team and I have been using a Ti-10 of my friends for games, but he has given it back to the friend who lent it to him. My only other racket is my fake crappy MP200 SP that my sister's boyfriend bought in Thailand.

I'm trying to decide between an AT800 OF 3U and a MP100 2U since I hear they're very similar to the Ti-10. I cannot find a Ti-10 anywhere around here so I'm going to pick between these two. However, I'm a singles oriented player. The Yonex chart places the AT800 OF as a very doubles oriented racket, but I've never found out how so. I don't have enough money to shell out both rackets so I have to pick only one. Right now, I'm slightly leaning towards the Armortec 800 Offensive, but I want to be sure before I make a definite choice.

What are the flaws of using the AT800 OF in singles if it is so "doubles oriented"? Sadly, no one I know uses the AT800 OF so I can't try it out. The one person who uses a Muscle Power 100 cherishes it like a baby and is relunctant to let the most skilled player try it out.

I know it all boils down to the type of player and personal preference, but I'd like to see what people think.

Thank you in advance.

14. J_M_V

J_M_V Regular Member

Sales
    I'm mostly playing with MP100 (TH) 3U and MP77 (DK) 3U (I use MP77 as a backup racquet), but had a chance to try AT800OFF 3U. I use BG80 strings on both of my MP's, and luckily the AT800OFF (DK) had that string too. Grip size was about the same on all (I always use thick extra grips so hard to say the final size - maybe G2? I have a big hand :rolleyes: )

I have to say that AT800OFF felt much better than either of my MP's! It doesn't really pack more power, but the manoeverability is much better - defensively I played better than ever. Ok, I only tried it for 1,5 hours, but at least to me it made a huge impression and my next racquet will be AT800OFF. BTW it was surprisingly easy to switch between MP77, MP100 and AT800OFF.