thief! criminal! lair!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by splitstep, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    Im having this problem with this guy, hes not exactly my friend but my friends friend. Every week, he tags along to play badminton, but theres a few things VERY annoying about him. :(

Everytime if he comes to play, we have shuttles missing. One of my friends even saw him pocket one.. ¬_¬

Everytime when he plays, he keeps asking for rematches and sometimes even extends the games to 21pts. (he does this when others are waiting for the court cos we play in a group)

He always lies and says shots are out when they are in. We all have eyes! But we just cant be bothered to argue with him =.=

And the worst thing is, no one invites him but he comes to play and when its time to divide up the total to pay for the court, he runs off home!

Im not exactly a mean person but im really annoyed.. is there anything we can do? This has been going on for months! :crying:

2. Amenh24

Amenh24 Regular Member

Art Student / Badminton Coach / Cook
    Just tel him to bug off cuz your not gonna keep up with his sh*t.

3. AT700_Noob

AT700_Noob New Member

Simular Problem

I see your problem and Ive got a probably thats simular, We play every week and this guy sort of invites himself. His not really a friend, more of a associate and know my friends. At the end of each session we all chip in for the cost of booking the court but he always runs off early or doesnt pay us the full amount...

He also disagrees with his partner whether it was in or out, always calling out when its clearly in :mad: Me and my friends came up with the solution of just ignoring him. If your not going to play fair it just takes the fun out of playing.
    Also we got the same problem everytime we play and hes there shuttles go missing :confused: shuttles these days kind of expensive and being poor students is costing us a lot.

Best thing you can do is just to either get him to book his own court and do your own thing, thats what me and my friends plan to do :)

4. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

Kick his Ass Seabass! :D

5. bguy7890

bguy7890 Regular Member

Why not collect money before playing? If it's a regular playing group, you can collect from your regular players in advance. Drop-in players (if there's any available spot) pay a drop-in fee before the game each time. Our group uses the drop-in fee to fund our shuttles.

6. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    I would tell him to go away but how can u say it? :confused: i mean hes like such a rude person. He sometimes smashes the shuttle at you and doesnt even say sorry and just laughs... Hes not exactly a good player either!

7. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    ohh.. thats a really good idea actually! thanks bguy7890, will have to try that next week :)

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ask him for a deposit first, money and shuttle(s) :)

9. TaRaKaN

TaRaKaN Regular Member

well to be honest... If he comes again, you tell him your thoughts and then if he doesn't like them, tell him not to come again. All politely of course. Explain your reasons first as people only listen to the first half of what you say in these cases hahahaha. So be careful how you start :D Calling shots out and all that is minor stuff really and, yeah just ignore him but running off without paying is just cheap. If you don't want to speak to him tell your friend to.

10. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    invite me over... I'll love to be the bad guy and tell your little friend to bug off.

It's really quite simple. You will go up to him, if he gets on the court - even better - since everyone will stop dead cold - and just say to him - "You gotta chip in. Here is the cost - $XXX. Please pay me right now before you start playing. And by the way - you will have to share shuttles. If you don't have any, then your share is $XXX. Please pay me right now before you start playing with us."

Altho' I far prefer a simpler one: "F**K **F, you F******G Deadbeat! Get you're F******G A** off the F**K**G court!"

It's always fun telling people to F**K **F!

:D :D :D

11. AT700_Noob

AT700_Noob New Member

What does he do with the shuttles? does he bring them back the week after? or is he adding to his collection? lololz

#11 AT700_Noob, Feb 11, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  12. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

mabye he eats them :eek:

13. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    lol, maybe i should! gosh.. we was thinking about this. Everytime he turns up n wants to play, we all walk off the court (we all hate him) then when he walks off the court, we all run on n hog it! :rolleyes: But to be honest, even if he does pay, we dun want him around! :mad:

14. AT700_Noob

AT700_Noob New Member

Thats not a bad idea you know, just tell him your taking a breather... have something to drink, sit and rest for a bit when he gets bored and walks off the court run back on hahaha.

Seems kinda childish but then what else can you do? I reckon he'll eventually get the point unless hes a dumb A$$.

15. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Lots of funny posts here!! Why not use the bugga for smash practices? Tie him to a chair and place him in the middle of the court. While you guys go on the other side and one of your friends lifts the bird from the place where that person is :D:D

16. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I think the best way to deal with it is to arrange between yourself and your friends to play so he does not tag along, arrange a night by phoning each other and make sure no one tells him so he does not turn up.

Your other option is to turn the night into a club night, make a player register on a spreadsheet with boxes to tick each time you play and collect the dues at the start of the playing night and tick who has paid off the sheet as soon as they hand over the money.

As for the shuttles, I'm assuming you use one tube. Just put the tube at the side of the court in plain view off all players, if you use two courts in between is better since two courts full of people will notice someone going up and helping themselves, if you use more tubes then open them one by one and keep them all in the same position where everyone can see them.

Worst case scenario and very very petty is no one talks to him and when playing no one hits to him except the occasional shot every now and then. They should get the message after that.

17. LoveJoy

LoveJoy Regular Member

people like that tests my good manners. I do prefer Badbrad's clear and upfront respond.
    I would have given him some nice greetings that he would not forget for awhile.

18. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Democracy in Action: boot the jerk

I think people in this forum is so polite... too polite sometimes:p. With asses like him, you gotta assert yourselves. Come on! It's everybody against him. Why even discuss such a thing when it's so obvious? Basically tell him not to bother joining you guys. Politely the first time of course, tell him off if he has trouble hearing the second time.

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Since he's ur friend's friend, maybe u should talk with ur friend before applying any action. Then, someone (either u, ur friend, or someone from the group) has to be the bad guy to do the talk, and try to kick him off the group. ;)

20. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    definitely a wanker.... but yea, have to talk to your friend 1st.... no need to have a bastard like that hanging around.... :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.