Criminal caught red handed!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by splitstep, Feb 12, 2005.

1. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    I made a previous post about my friends friend stealing shuttles and not paying. I didnt mean to cause trouble Kwun, didnt realize everyone would get so involved hehe :rolleyes: but thanks guys ^^

Basicly, we played badminton today and my friend asked if he had any shuttles. He goes yeh and empties his bag and guess what? They were the shuttles that were missing from the day before!! they wre defnitly ours because they are both different. wola! Now even his friend is convinced and stopped defending him, we're all gonna put all those suggestions into action! :cool:

Need to put this guy to justice! :mad:

2. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

tar and feathering? :p

wheres this original thread with what happened earlier?

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Kwun locked it as the language was getting a bit off hand i think.

4. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I don't mean to offend you and your friends. I don't understand. If this guy stole your and your friends' birds, and then not afraid to take them out in front of you and friends not worrying you and your friends recognising them. What is he thinking? Either he has low IQ or he thought you and your friends have low IQs. :rolleyes:

5. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    I know! even tho we already know it was him, he still took the shuttles out likes hes saying yeah, i took them so what? :mad:

the original thread was http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21510

6. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    Well if he's stealing your shuttles then I suggest you confront him... or take the next step up and steal his wallet, badminton racquet, bike, girlfriend.... whatever :D

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Come on guys. Lets be reasonable. Yea sure we'd all like to get him and get him hard. But look on the bright side. At least you guys had a whole supply of shuttles to play with when you guys ran out :D.

But seriously. Talk to him, arrange some sort of payment with shuttles and stuff. Every1 chips in for the session, courts and shuttles alike. Calculate the cost divide it and stuff. There is no such thing as a free meal. Tell him that and be accomodating.

8. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    hmm, u seemed quite experienced,,,,,:D have u tried that before?
    okay, seriously, why am i starting to hate the guy when i dont even know him, maybe u just have to tell ur friend not to bring the evil guy ever again, and if he tries to come and train even after that u just have to say that u, and everybody dont like what he did and ask him to stop, and if that does not work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,u might remember something called voodoo,,,,,,,,maybe u can use it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    (lol! sorry:D )

9. other

other Regular Member

Student
    nice and simple, just write your NAME on the shuttles (either on the side of the cork or where the sticker is inside the plastic/feathers) ........ he can hardly say it was accidental then...if he is still behaving badly...how about changing the court time without telling him? that's if all your friends agree first:D

10. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

sounds like a case of serious attention seeking. :( i once read about a similar case where the pain did all sorts of irritating nonsense because no one bothered two cents about him. could it be so in your case, splitstep? perhaps you and your friends might like to be friendly with him for once or try to talki things out with him. just a suggestion.. :)

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Why not just ask him why did he take the shuttles.. if he wants it all he can do is just ask.

12. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

y'know, the title: criminal caught red-handed; seems to me he surrendered himself quite willingly. :D

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I wonder the same, too. Also, how he stole the shuttles? Open ppl's bag, pop the tube, and take several? :eek: Or, just pick it up along the court side, when ppl put the extra new shuttles along the poles?

14. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Which shade of red? Pinkish or more towards crimson? ;)

This is serious man. As far as I can see, one tube of shuttle in Malaysia is about RM 32 (~US$8) and ten tubes, around RM 320 (~US$80), more than enough to buy a decent racquet!

I'd normally go "Look, if you want shuttles, might as well ask for it - we may give you one. Or two. But taking it without permission is downright *toot*. If you can't afford it, why not join us? Don't do such *toot* things again".

I'd go for diplomacy. Yes, tempers may flare but be patient.

15. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    thx, yeah think we might have to start labeling all the shuttles now :mad: it just seems frustrating having to go though all this trouble just to stop him from stealing stuff. We would change the time of play but its rather difficult as we only play on the friday when everyone is free. Also changing the time to a later time wont really make a difference cos hes still going to turn up even when no one invites him ¬_¬ i mean we dont really mind him coming, hes a ok player as such just that hes a bit rude, steals shuttles and doesnt pay for court..

As for when he steals the shuttles, we dont really kno. We think he pockets them in his bag when theres a confusion at the end when we all pack everything up. Its IMPOSSIBLE for him to pocket the shuttles accidently since HE NEVER BRINGS ANY! and its always suspisious why he never has a tube full of the same shuttles anyway! we think he steals them from other people aswell.. will have to put all the ideas everyone given me to use and tell you guys what happens after friday when we play again :)

cheers everybody

16. other

other Regular Member

Student
    as been mentioned before, just collect the money when he turns up, from everybody.....and tell him that you guys are expecting him to contibute as well

17. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

actually its not really stealing right.. since he steals it but also takes shuttles out of his bag. So hes also sharing the stolen shuttles.

18. johnps

johnps Regular Member

If the shuttles did not belong to him and were taken without the permission of the owner, then this is definitely stealing. It is immaterial whether he subsequently "shares" the stolen shuttles.

19. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    it is stealing! they were the shuttles that been missing from the previous months from the people who joined us before!

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It is stealing.

It's like, I take some ppl's $$$, and use it to pay off the debt that i own him. Either way, I still "own" him. :cool: