Fitness of a player

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by xfcukx, Feb 13, 2005.

1. xfcukx

xfcukx Regular Member

I can truthfully say here that I am not a person who's very fit. More like obess. Thus, it is a major issue when it comes to playing sports. To get in better shape, you'd have to have a good diet and excercise and etc... I'm not lazy on the court most of the time, and I am hussling to get to the birdie too so that means I can pretty much get to most of the shots...I can play badminton like most people can, but its this obessity that stops me from becoming any better on the court. the main solution is to get into better shape but for now just curious about your opinion on someone who's obess and their ability to play on the court?

2. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

in my experience playing w/all that extra wheight will only hold you back.....but many older players have learned to play with the extra pounds by making up for it with skills and good court vision and anticipation.

it really depends on what type of player you want to be.

if you decide that you need to get rid of the pounds i would suggest not using badminton as the only means of that...but perhaps as the motivation to do other things like jogging or taking up another sport that you find equally as fun, but one that has more specific benefits that you need.

3. xfcukx

xfcukx Regular Member

yeah, I play badminton for fun, but its not like a leisure thing. I don't take the game seriously, but i do have an interest in it, so thus i play it with intensity and to get better at it. and yeah, I also happen to play rugby during the season in school. so that's where my fitness comes in i guess. getting rid of the pounds is gonna be the the major thing for me, not only for badminton but for anything. its hard to even wonder how it would feel like at that intenisty and all the hussling im doing, if I was more fit.