Clicking noise

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Kao-newb, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Kao-newb

Kao-newb Regular Member

Hello guys,

My MP99 has a clicking sound near the cone when i shake it, i just got an email from yonex canada saying that it is probably a manufacture defect. However i did not purchase the MP99 from canada, but i ordered it from Mike of San Diego Badminton Supply. I have emailed him, but he has yet to reply, so i was wondering if you guys could please give me the email for yonex usa, if they have one. Or if you guys dont mind helping me out this this problem. Oh yea, i forgot to mention, i have ordered this racquet in late december and since it took about a month to arrive, i only used it for about ~20 hours max for about 3 weeks.

Thanks.

2. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

don't bother going back through san diego badminton supply.
    yonex is much more complient with warrenty issues with individual customers than with dealers and shops.

you will probably have to find the nearest office of yonex, and send your racquet in, if they decide that it is indeed manufacture defect...

i've started to notice a slight clicking or rattle noise at the base of my handle, on my carlton.
    i hope its not one of the imminent handle breakages that seem to plague Mag.

3. carlol

carlol Regular Member

entreprenuer
    That clicking sound is most probably the cone coming loose. The cone is held in place by adhesive only and can come loose. It clicks when the loosend cone makes contact with the shaft. It happened to my Cab 15. I was also very worried by the sound, but found out that the cone was loose only when i replaced the grip. Since i had no chance of warranty for my Cab15 then, I just glued and taped it back to the handle.

Since your racket is new, i'm sure you can get warranty for it.

Hope this info helps.

4. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Have the same problem

I have the same problem that you have facing. I've talked to some other people as well and they do have the clicking noise near the cone of the racquet. I believe that it is the handle that is not sticking to the shaft. Well, since it is a small clicking, then it would be the tip of the cone not sticking to the shaft and you have nothing to worry about. But the problem with it clicking is if you are a hard hitter, then this clicking will propogate throughout the entire handle until the whole handle is loose and then eventually the shaft will either twist from the handle, or the entire racquet will fly out of the handle. (probably just twist)

There was a post by Kwun in regards to this:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21123&highlight=cone

I hope this helps. By the way, I noticed that a lot of people post nonsense as a reply to some issues that people are having. It seems to flood the forums more than anything. Perhaps people are trying to raise the number of posts they have?