Which is the best string for MP 30 for Power Play?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by iMakk, Feb 17, 2005.

1. iMakk

iMakk Regular Member

Hi,

I want to replace the factory strings in my new MP30. Please advise best string for powerplay and at what tension?

I am considering BG65 at 22x24. Is that fine?

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Humm, 22 X 24 lbs is kind of low for BG-65. Tension will drop in no time. You should string it to at least 28 X 30 lbs for any long lasting effect.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahaha, not everyone is a high tension freak u know :D

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    BG65 is a durable string that is inferior in playability if strung at low tension. At 28/30lbs, BG65 really plays like what a really good string should play. But then comes the problem of each individual's ability to handle high tension. For example, I have a modified MP99, strung with Gosen Tecgut Tour at 26/28lbs, strung in such a way that the outer 4 strings (top, bottom, and the two sides) do not have a slack or play of more than 3mm (6mm for the bottom cross), that I use to test a player's ability to handle high tension. You will be surprised that some pretty good players cannot handle high tension. I use this MP99 as a gauge for anyone who wants me to string his or her racquet, as it eliminates any illusion of some good players and some not too good players wanting very high tension and then later complaining they cannot use their racquets.
    My advice is that if you are talking about the 22/24lbs tension range, forget about BG65. Go for BG80 or BG85. :D

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think that's fine. BG65 22x24 should be very good in general.
    Unless you want to do high tension, but that will make the strings and racket break easily. Not to mention if you can take it or not

6. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Assuming that you care about your string's durability, I would go with the BG 65 other than 80 or 85 unless you have a stringing location near your house. My friend seems to break his BG 80 every few hours of hardcore rallying whereas my other friend who has a BG 65 strung at 24 lbs is still using his after 2 months or so...;)