Yonex Backpack.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by FEND., Feb 18, 2005.

1. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Has anyone used the backpack before?

Thinkin of buying it so I don't need to shuffle a seperate racquet cover / bag to school everyday. I take 2 buses you know...

Attached Files:

2. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    not a bad idea.... looks quite snug and compact.... wondering if it is sold here yet.... hmmmm.... but yea, I know what you mean.... I used to lug 2 bags for high school.... now I just lug one, my Yonex 724 bag.... got my PDA with me.... hohoho....

3. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Whoh, 724 with a PDA for high school? Even my techie school doesn't have that kind of stuff =P. Btw, whoever has used this bag, is it big enough to fit binders?

4. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    lol, I am in university now.... I emphasized that I used to lug 2 bags.... :rolleyes:

but sidetrack for a bit.... I don't have any binders.... since I use PDA or bring my laptop to university, so I never really tested the 724 with a binder and such....

so yea, the backpack idea seems great specially the 724 is quite big to carry around.... cause I take 2 buses to school everyday....

#4 takahira, Feb 18, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  5. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Keke it looks like an excellent gym bag for me ^^. Im only in highshool so a lot of textbooks and binders :cool: . However, i find that if only the shaft is sticking out of a bad (i tried it with my old gym bag) my fellow peers seem to grab the racket by its handle and lift the bag up!!! i got scared after that and never tried it again:mad:

6. Kenny

Kenny Regular Member

High School
    I have that back pack =D. I use it for school, its a bit on the small side....however it holds the things i need for high school. hehe

7. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Personally, I never liked the idea of these bags, though I've looked at them before. The thing is, your racket is out in the open... the velcro strap doesn't fit 'comfortably' over a thermo bag for a racket, so that usually means using a head cover or none at all. In public transport where I live, having something strapped on your back where it's out of your sight makes it a canditate for theft (i'm not kidding, there has actually been more than one case of a handbag being cut with scissors in crowded metros!)

If theft isn't an issue, I'd just naturally be worried about my racket getting caught on things (like people). Though i'm sure that the yonex bag, and similar concepts (Sotx and HiQua has a bunch like this design too, maybe you'll look into those cheaper brands if your not set on brand names?) are better than the casual tradition of sticking your racket handle out of a regular schoolbag, i'm also wondering about elements. Though i guess you're in australia, and i don't know much about the climate there, i wouldn't use a bag like that in rainy (or worse) snowy weather. And even on sunny days, i might not want my tacky grips to get all aerated and dried out under direct sunlight.

If it were me, i'd get the separate 'sling on' larger thermo bags, the ones that carry 2-3 rackets... it may be a bit more cumbersome, but it's a lot more secure.

But i guess i'm a bit overprotective of my rackets.:D

8. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

It's cumbersome to lug a 2nd bag to class and stuff lol. And no it does not rain in Perth. If it does it's just SOOOOOOO LIGHT!!! As if someone was using a teaspoon full of water on you.

Theft isn't an issue for me. Since when I'm in the bus, the bag is infront of me whether I'm sitting or standing. And when it's on my bag, I'm usually walking fast. I have a sling on plastic bag (not exactly thermo) and I tried to bring to school once. A bit annoying so I was thinkin of this backpack. Since I want a slightly bigger bag for my school stuff, the bag is definitely bigger than what im carrying now. My current one is like 15 cm shorter than it and a couple of cm thinner and compact.

To Charzord : I do not know whether it can it it or not, but I use an office zip folder kind of thing where I store my current notes and stuff in. It currently just fits into my bag and I think with the backpack I would have a bit more headroom at the top and more space to put my water bottle and stuff as on my current backpack, I need to put the water in the same compartment with my books.

To Kenny : How many compartments or pockets other than the main compartment does it have? I can't find details on those except it stated there is only one compartment.

Thanks for feedback guys.

9. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Lol im back and replying

Yes...I have seen a SOTX bag with a similar design like this...(not endorsing:cool: ) but haven't seen any Yonex in singapore so far. Apparently, this bag is supposed to be holding at least a few rackets a pair of shoes and shirt...Smaller than a normal bag but more capacity...:D

However compairing the price, it does make some difference..a 3 racket bag(Med size) is bigger however cheaper by almost SGD$10

I would recommend it but its weird to keeps your racket like how people of ancient china in martial arts keeping their weapon. Well, it is our weapon after all. And it can hold both tennis and badminton and most likely squash if they can hold tennis.

:)

10. shogunate

shogunate Regular Member

i prefer this way of carrying rackets. carrying my AT800 is like carrying the "Heavenly Sword" or "Dragon Killing Knife"

11. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    I have one of this backpack, BAG515 (blue color).
    I like this back very much. I use it when I go to give training.
    I can put my shoes, 2 rackets, a towel, 2 t-shits, socks and drink bottle into this back.
    I put my 2 rackets in its thermo bag and then slice them into the backside of the bag, between maincontainer and the zip.

12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Hey jkusmanto can you tell me how many pockets / compartments are there in the bag? Is the main compartment big enough to fit a file in and a couple of text books? I mean in the main compartment.

13. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    The main compartment is about 50 cm high and about 30 cm width.
    At the bottom is about 18 cm deep/thick and about 10 cm at the upperside.

If you put your shoes in the bottom of the bag, it takes about 10 cm.
    For the shoes, it has a seperate zip.
    So.... the rest of the main compartment is about 40 cm high, 30 cm width and 10-18 cm deep.
    It is sure that you can put in your file (A4 format) and a couple of text books.
    I have tried to put a file (10cm thick) and it fixed.

They are 4 compartments :
    -Main compartment (with separate room for shoes with zip)
    -Compartment for racket
    -Small pocket with zip (about 16 cm width, 25 cm high & 2 cm thick)
    -1 transparent/net pocket (15 cm high)

If you put on the bag, the order are :
    -Main compartment, with the zip (for the shoe compartment) below.
    -Racket compartment
    -Small pocket with zip (the most outside part)
    -Transparent/net pocket on your right side

I hope it is clear for you.

14. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Cool Cool. Hey it helped a lot!! Now I'm confidnet in getting it. Just need to find out how. lol