Please correct my grip

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by manduki, Feb 19, 2005.

1. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    I was wondering if I have the right grip in the first place as it seems to be the most important thing in badminton. I read many posts regarding proper grips but i was left uncertain by words. Even with pictures, I couldn't really compare it with my grip... Im sure that pros like Kwun, cooler, other and many other baminton lovers are tired of correcting grips but pls help ^^;) .

Attached Files:

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  3. frankcent

frankcent Regular Member

the position seems good enough to me, but I think the handle is smaller than it should be. if I use a racket with a small grip, I would often accidentally throw away the racket unless I hold it tightly. btw, Im no professional so correct me if im wrong.:)

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

That looks like a good forehand grip; but as frankcent said, the racket handle is far too small for your hand. It needs to be built up with at least two layers of extra grip, I guess.

5. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    I see... I often find myself gripping the racket pretty hard for unknown reasons during fast rallies (I thought it was because the grip was sticky). I've never had any problems with it slipping off. I guess I'll try out a sticky overgrip^^. Thx for your replies:D

6. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys I thought of a problem with adding an overgrip. My racket is fairly well balanced if not head light. I'm worried that the overgrip would result me in loosing some power in my smashes and clears... Is there another way of increasing grip size but not adding weight to it or a way to balance out the overgrip?