Blocking to the net in doubles

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Geoff, Feb 25, 2000.

1. Geoff

Geoff Guest

<html>Quick question:...when you block to the net in doubles do you move up to the net or does your partner move up?
    </html>

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    <html>You yourself. But your partner has to be prepared to cover the back and it might be more difficult if he has to cover his backhand side.<p>: Quick question:...when you block to the net in doubles do you move up to the net or does your partner move up?<p>
    </html>

3. Tang

Tang Guest

<html>It depends! If you two are in a defends position (side side), if the shuttle is net to your side, then you moved up and your partner move back! If the net shot is in your partner's side, then he move up and you move back! If you are in an attacking postion,(front and back), of coz, the front person gets it!
    </html>

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    <html>Sure. It all depends on how good the net shot is - (or how good you've think you have played it).<br>Sometimes, with a good cross court block, I'll follow in (and cover the net) and let my partner take any clears....depends on how your own partnership works in this situation.<p><p><p>: It depends! If you two are in a defends position (side side), if the shuttle is net to your side, then you moved up and your partner move back! If the net shot is in your partner's side, then he move up and you move back! If you are in an attacking postion,(front and back), of coz, the front person gets it!<p>
    </html>

5. Tang

Tang Guest

<html>As I already said, if you go forward to get the net shot, and they put another cross count net shots to you. Of coz you are the one to get it! Coz you are already in the front, an attacking position with you partner behind you already!
    </html>