Coaches near Mississauga

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by manduki, Feb 21, 2005.

1. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Hello, I'm 15 and I really want to get better at this game... I go to the YMCA every Friadays, Saturdays and sometimes Thursdays but i'm not doing so well... With our school team coming up and so, I want to fit more practice in. I was wondering if there was still an avalailable coach in Mississauga (around 15 mins from Square 1) or a place to play other than the Y. ^^ thx

2. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Hmm...well i know that there are a lot of drop in places in mississauga but if u r looking for coaching directly, there are not that many in mississauga. I do know that Tony The (Yes "The" is his last name. Dunno if he;s on this fourm) often holds courses around mississauga perhaps u could drop by there. Btw, how long have u been going to the YMCA? I may have met u but don't know :p.

I"m Andrew...if u do know me give me a should.

3. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm.. The name doesn't ring a bell.
    I've been goin to the Y for around 2-3 months now. You might know my friends Tony, Daniel, Irwin, Johnathan since they've been going there longer than me. Hope to see you around ^^.
    Btw wut are some drop in programs in Mississauga on Monday-thursday and sunday? I couldn't really find any :(

4. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Well, depending on how good you are, there may be a bunch of drop in's you will like. If you are more intermediate, you can probably go to Frank Mckechnie on Friday Evenings (I think 7:00-10:00). There is a pretty good variety there...but usually not very high skill. There is also the Glenforest club which I don't have information for (Sry). Ummm...if you live in Mississauga west, you can also go to a few meadovale clubs. Most of mississauga's clubs, not drop ins, can be found at www.ontariobadminton.on.ca and just click on places to play. I stopped playing at the YMCA a while ago, but I know Rohan, Bernard and them...

5. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Thx a bunch^^ ill be sure to check out that site:D Thank you once again.^^