Going to Yonex All England '05 any advice?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2005' started by R20190, Feb 22, 2005.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    This will be my first time to the Yonex All England, been meaning to go for 12 years now... :eek:

Got the tickets as my birthday present which is for the finals on Sunday March 13.

Any advice? I.e. is there anything I need to know/bring before going? Can I take photos?

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    1st of all Happy Bday for 2mo!!!

You are not allowed to take cameras into the hall, and the staff search you before you go in. there is no *cough* way to get them in!

Arrive in plenty of time, as the start time is strictly adhered to.

What seats are you in (block/row)?

Bring water/food so you dont have to get up/take your eyes off the action. There is places selling food, but as you would expect it is not healthy to body or wallet!

Bring £5 for parking if you are driving (but train is better, since parking is awkward, and the station is a stones throw away)

Enjoy yourself!!

3. jimbouk

jimbouk Regular Member

Trader in Japan & USA
    I'm looking to buy tickets for the saturday matches - does anyone know where i can find a seating plan showing the position of the different seating blocks. . . i want to be able to see!!!!!!

Thanks

4. Aleik

Aleik Regular Member

Let's not get encumbered by detail...(is the taxma
    Last year in most places it was £6 for a parking place. Make sure you go to the !!!!!NIA and not the NEC!!!!! (Ahem, I'm not stupid enough to have made that mistake, hehe :s !).

There was a big yonex bonanza there too last year, so if you wanna splash some cash on the latest, bring some along, but keep it in your sock or something. ;)

I dunno about the semis on saturday, i think you can just roam and finders keepers the seat you want. Get there early though.

Aleik

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Don't forget to make plenty of noise. :cool:

I just love it when the crowd get involved. Especially in doubles when a group of people decide to shout out just as the player is going to smash. :cool: :cool:

6. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I deliberatley left that out as I didnt want to be a hypocrite. I am a bit reserved when watching, I too like the atmosphere when it is noisy though.