User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anakin
    Hi,

I m going to Shanghai in two weeks time. Any "GOOD" badminton shop to recommend? Thanks. (GOOD = GOOD PRICE & GENUINE PRODUCT)

Anakin
    see this website - www.badmintonfan.com if you read Chinese. Usually when I buy badminton stuff I have two options: badmintonfan, which is the above, or www.bbesports.com, but bbesports does not have shops in Shanghai. These two don't sell fakes, which you know are more than plenty in China.

I bought my AT800Of from badmintonfan but I broke it new and bbesports repaired it amazing rite? haha broken rackets can be repaired!

But always check before you buy and don't be lured by unreasonably low prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    hahaha, u guys like gamble and dont pot for money? hard to believe.
    No, i dont smoke. Me Gambling? i rather call it investing

Look like u play doubles
    if you are ethnic Chinese i will find it's hard to believe that you don't even / never play any MahJong? or Ma Jiang? hehe, yeah i play doubles more than singles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2love2live
    if you are ethnic Chinese i will find it's hard to believe that you don't even / never play any MahJong? or Ma Jiang? hehe, yeah i play doubles more than singles.
    Ya, i played MJ before, mostly when i was a kid, on new year eve nite only with family members for fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoked when i was in college, and the first several years after graduation. because when you are young you think smoking is kinda cool Quit about 3 years ago. I think pool/beer/cigarette are like buddy buddy you know when you are in a bar, but when I play snooker I seldom have beers because you don't pot when you are feeling high
    hmmm.. one question; how cool can smoking be if you already know the PHYSICAL damages it can cause for a person. i can understand that health (say the increased risk of contracting cancer) may not be a priority for teenagers, but i'm refering to the uglified features (yellow teeth, stinky breath, frequent production of phlegm) a smoker gets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anatolii
    hmmm.. one question; how cool can smoking be if you already know the PHYSICAL damages it can cause for a person. i can understand that health (say the increased risk of contracting cancer) may not be a priority for teenagers, but i'm refering to the uglified features (yellow teeth, stinky breath, frequent production of phlegm) a smoker gets.
    ...and a BLACK pair of lungs!

I had a chance to really see the damage that cigarette smoking can do to the lungs. The air sacs are all blocked up and the colour ranges from grey (less smoking) to tar black (heavy smoking) leaving almost no more room for the oxygen to travel. Imagine if you are a heavy smoker and a badminton player. The chance for collapsing on the court during a hard rally is real.

I saw this real organs at a "Body Works" (I think) exhibition here last February, where dead human bodies were cut up, some were sliced so thin, and preserved in special plasticine mixture (invented by the German exhibitor) to show the many aspects of our body - the brain, the muscles, the veins and other blood vessels, the various body organs, the bones, the embryo in its various stages of growth and some with deformities, the impact of diseases on the organs, etc, etc.

It was a harrowing but enriching experience! If only you dared to see the dead body with artificial eyes staring at you in the face!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides health problems, smoking will slowly take away the very thing that makes a man a man, a woman a woman. Now you know why a non-smoker is always preferred over a smoker, by the opposite ***. Drinking in moderation is okay. Excessive drinking, besides giving you health problems, will produce more estrogen in your body and make you look more female-like. Just like smoking, excessive drinking will kill your libido. Add the two together, smoking and excessive drinking, you have the sum of the two problems times ten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re : shuttle

Hi Joe,

Thks.
    Other than these, got any other brands mostly play there?
    can buy and test if go there.

ceng

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    Besides health problems, smoking will slowly take away the very thing that makes a man a man, a woman a woman. Now you know why a non-smoker is always preferred over a smoker, by the opposite ***. Drinking in moderation is okay. Excessive drinking, besides giving you health problems, will produce more estrogen in your body and make you look more female-like. Just like smoking, excessive drinking will kill your libido. Add the two together, smoking and excessive drinking, you have the sum of the two problems times ten.
    it does?

but i didn't mean to turn 2love2live's introduction thread into '10 reasons why a person shouldn't smoke'. i just asked him that Q (which has been gnawing my insides ever since i saw people i know and care about (more or less )smoke) since he'd been there done that.

and whoops! i forgot my manners: hi 2love2live! it's nice having you here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cengsc
    Hi Joe,
    who's Joe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see this website - www.badmintonfan.com if you read Chinese. Usually when I buy badminton stuff I have two options: badmintonfan, which is the above, or www.bbesports.com, but bbesports does not have shops in Shanghai. These two don't sell fakes, which you know are more than plenty in China.

I bought my AT800Of from badmintonfan but I broke it new and bbesports repaired it amazing rite? haha broken rackets can be repaired!

But always check before you buy and don't be lured by unreasonably low prices.
    Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's Joe.
    That must be a name that you apply to every bloke (male) because you've forgotten his real name???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it does?
    You mean to say you didn't know? Look around hard, among smokers and people who drink excessively, you will find beneath the tough manly appearance they are not half the man natured has endowed them with. Ditto for female smokers who go on alcoholic binges. Or you can ask a urologist friend and get some answers from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean to say you didn't know? Look around hard,
    i've never read anything on that before. and i don't recall my teacher mention it either. of course my memory power leaves much to be desired.. unfortunately, i don't have a urologist friend to turn to on this. not even an aspiring one

to Loh: dang, i feel a little foolish. how could i hv been so thick . but hey, i know what a bloke means!
    Last edited by Anatolii; 02-25-2005 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's Joe.
    hi anatolii i am joe

2love2live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cengsc
    Hi Joe,

Thks.
    Other than these, got any other brands mostly play there?
    can buy and test if go there.

ceng
    what i can recall is 'aeroplane' or Hang Kong in Chinese. but it's kinda expensive, see here : http://www.bbesports.com/index_shuttle.htm, not HongKong casual players play this brand because it's durable and kinda lasts longer for them comparatively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to all: yeah i know smoking kills - thanks for the advices and thanks to the excessive production of phlegm, i quit smoking about 3 years ago, i used to be travelling all around, and I used to cough so much that every morning when i woke up in the hotel the first thing i did was to spend several minutes clearing my throat! scary - those yellowish phlegm - disgusting ...

to taneepak: this is SCARY! thank goodness i quit already, we have believers here though thinking smoking definitely kills sperm. and many also believe coke kills sperms!!!!

but you know what - quit smoking is some project if not mission impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it does?

but i didn't mean to turn 2love2live's introduction thread into '10 reasons why a person shouldn't smoke'. i just asked him that Q (which has been gnawing my insides ever since i saw people i know and care about (more or less )smoke) since he'd been there done that.

and whoops! i forgot my manners: hi 2love2live! it's nice having you here.
    nice meeting you here too anatolii

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast