Warped Frame?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by manduki, Feb 24, 2005.

1. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Well, with my new racket, i really experimented with it:p causing some bodily harm to the racket. I've had VERY minor clashes with my parter's AT 700 but had numerous hard frameshots. I asked a friend if my frame was warped but he just replied that usually you can tell by placing it on the ground and if its not flat, its warped. I tried it out but to my surprise, it wasn't flat but the end of the grip and the end of the head of the racket touched but the other parts didnt. I flipped it around but the results were the same. The frame looks quite even but I'm very anal and worried:eek: . Is the method that my friend told me correct? To me, it seems that the end of the grip is larger :confused:

P.S. I did my first baseline-baseline clear today!!:D

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You did it the wrong way. Of course the thickness of the grip handle is greater than that of the frame, resulting in a gap all the way from head to butt cap. The correct way to check if your frame is warped or not is to place just the frame on a flat surface. You can do this on a flat table, with the frame on the table and the shaft and handle over the edge of the table (not touching the table).

3. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Hmm i tried it and it makes much more sence:eek: . On my first trial, the frame was shaky:eek: but i found this as a result of the shaft and grip being heavier. So i placed my left hand in the middle of the racket gently and tapped around the frame with my right hand. It didn't seem to be unbalanced. DId i do it correctly?

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yes, your racquet seems okay.