Is the Ashaway Titanium Power 990 Good

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dlocko, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Dlocko

Dlocko New Member

Hi
    I recently broke my muscle power 77.(pity i quite liked it). came back for a clear off the back line and the racket connected with a bench which was nto close to the back line.

Need a new racket, need a good racket at a resonable price. The Ashaway Titanium Power 990 looks tempting for £54 wat is your opinion?:confused:

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

I am a previous user of mp77, powerful, head heavy racket it is. Ashaway tmp 990 is no way near a mp77 feel. i held it once, it is light, even balance, seem lack power. Make sure u like the feel if want to buy it. I say get another mp77. maybe some place doing some sale, can get a bit cheaper, but cheapest in asia around S$120 -$130+ i guess since some clearing stock. also mp55 can be similar a bit.

3. Big Slick

Big Slick Regular Member

I have an mp99 and a tp990, tp990 is a great racket for the price of it.

4. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    no please dont get it.not that worth it.i have that racket and it feels hollow and weird.although it is also even balance.i got my tp990 for sgd$90 with a 6racket bag and ashaway tournament shuttle.and i still think it wasnt that worth it.

5. Big Slick

Big Slick Regular Member

What you really want to do is go to the shop at your local hall, tell them you want a new racket and your price range and ask if you can have a quick hit with a couple of the rackets, try them out and go for the one that feels good to you. Also you can try some of the rackets that the other players you know. I dunno where your from but if you're from Dublin and you really want you can have a bash wish my tp990 in whitehall some day. Martin Evans is a good guy so he'll sort you out if you ask for his advice. If you're from up north or down south then I can't help you any more :rolleyes:.

6. skrsam

skrsam Regular Member

Student
    TMP 990 is a very good racquet for its price