Smashing Your Balls

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by frameasser, Feb 25, 2005.

1. frameasser

frameasser Regular Member

i had several times accidentally smash my own balls...damn they were painful...i was trying to smash the shuttles as powerful as possiblel but then at the end of my smashes, the head of the racket hit my balls. sometimes the head of the racket hit my knees.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    It happens... and, er... we don't need to know that;).

3. 1oNe_

1oNe_ New Member

Badminton is a dangerous sport. Wear a cup next time and you can smash as hard as you want!

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    are u sure your standing in the right stance when u smash?

5. Big Slick

Big Slick Regular Member

You must not be following through properly with your racket arm, otherwise you couldn't possibly hit your own balls :p. I've hit myself on the leg trying to return a smash at my body and even hit my other hand playing a shot off balance, no crotch area damage though. The only way you could possibly do that is trying the shot where the shuttle goes over your head and you run after it and return the shuttle between your legs, poor execution there could result in a different kind of execution :D.

6. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

Damn, Big Slick beat me to it. That is what I was gonna suggest.

You might be only pronating your forarm (like Roslin http://www.yonex.co.jp/img/player/badminton/roslin.jpg) and not following through with your arm, or rotating your body (like Hong, http://www.yonex.co.jp/img/player/badminton/chenhong.jpg). But it looks like that Hong might hit his knee if not careful ;)

jl

7. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

that happens to me when i play squah and or tennis and do a jump smash from badminton forgetting the racket is heavier and i can't stop the follow thru as much... and yes, it kills.

8. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    never smashed the sack.. i have however hit it when i was doing an extremely off balance slice..... and that hurt enough... i can't imagine smashing it...

9. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    I hit my leg sometimes and sometimes in the groin but I pretend it never happened. It hurts but I shake it off. Lol.

10. Pball

Pball Regular Member

Yes this has happened to me too, :crying: <-- can you say ouch... hehe.. After a friend watched me, it seems I was taking the ball a bit late, and not smashing across my body... this could be happening to you too..

11. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

i do that too... lol
    i sometimes hit my left hand too... and sometimes my... umm... yea... my most important thing...
    but i pretend that it didn't happen and since im such a good actor, nobody notices (although im my head im in SOOOO much pain...) hahahahaha

12. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yup, been there, done that. Usually end up hitting my left leg just above my knee at least once during an evening's playing. And, yes, caught my 'nads once. Only once. Won't do that again...

13. oab729

oab729 Regular Member

All your overhead shots should be following thru to end up below your left arm, try watching experience players play, it always ends up below their left arm usually. you should try learning form from a coach or something like someone suggested. Don't worry about it tho, that happened to me too once.... quite painful i might add, i couldn't walk cuz it hurt so much i had to like crawl my way back, and i did it twice in one day! Owie:crying: It hurt so much, gahhh, but umm.. after u get the form u never will.

14. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

My partner did it during an important game once. It was funny cause he asked us to stop while he just sat their squatting. Wasn't sure what happened until he told me, then I started laughing and everyone figured out what had happened from my reaction and the expression on his face. It's only funny when it happens to someone else. :p

15. Jonah35

Jonah35 Regular Member

Student
    Yah Ive never acctully hit my balls in badminton before, but one time I came very close, I went up and did a jumping smash and on my follow through I nailed my left thigh with the head of my racket, That night I checked my thigh and I had a bruise the size of a tennis ball. I got to thinking what it would have felt like if I did hit my balls.:eek:

16. aznricearoni

aznricearoni Regular Member

usually happnes to me once in a 4 hours session :(