The interschool tournys in Mississauga

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by manduki, Mar 1, 2005.

1. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    Well, I see that the highschool badminton teams have finally started:D . Anyone know how many tournaments there are between shcools? I've asked my coach but she said that there will be no individual games between schools but rther a tournament this year. Anyone know when and the capacity of this tournament?:confused:

2. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    well, i assume sauga is the west side of tdssaa..... so i'll tell you how it works up in the north side....

there are first some inter skewl tournaments... these mean DIDDLY SQUAT... well... sorta didly squat.. the coach at my old hs used them to decide who would go to the next tournament (since the entire team usually isn't allowed to go)

next comes the north region championships (insert west region for you) these COUNT... and it's in your best interest to place as high as possible in these... since the #1 player of 1 region will play the #4 player of another region (2 plays 3) when it comes to metro championships.... oh.. you have to place within the top 4 in your region's tournament to get to metro championships

metro championships - this is what it all boils down to... this tournament decides whether or not you go to ofsaa... as mentioned above, how well you place in your region decides which opponent you face at metroes (1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3).... again, top 4 in each event go to ofsaa....

i'd mention ofsaa, but who cares? you already get to miss skewl! =)

3. Jus_anothr_grl

Jus_anothr_grl Regular Member

student
    I THINK the ROPSSAA, Region of Peel (sp?) region has just one tourney where the top two teams of each event move onto OFSAA.

4. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    ooh yeah... ropsaa... forgot about those guys... yeah, pretty sure sauga is part of ropsaa... so i have no idea how that side works...

5. mizu25

mizu25 Regular Member

Yes, you're correct, the top two teams from each event move onto OFSSA. And Mississauga is a part of ROPSSAA.

6. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

Umm..well it depends if you are playing in the open or closed circut. The closed curcit is for non-club players only and there are a few small school tourny's that may be held in schools. I'm pretty sure that rick hanson has a tourny every year as well as turner fenton. However, these tournys, as Nanashi said, do not mean anything and u should really be focused on the ropssaa tourny.

7. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    I see... So the main thing we should focus on is ROPSAA... Wuts the level of play for it? For Example, can they perform all the different shots with ease and around how many years of experience?

Thank you ^^

8. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    Ropssaa is held at Rick Hansen too. Heh...posting two years later. Figures.

9. Lemons

Lemons Regular Member

dancing potatoes
    ROPSAA is hosted in rick hansen i think this yr and i heard there's two friendly tournaments in John Fraser .. that's for juniors for seniors i thnk there's a mini tournament on March 30th at some school which i forgot since i wasn't semi listening for i am not a senior XD there's a friendly tournament for doubles players and one for the entire team i think for juniors...

and question who's junior team for their school started yet??

10. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

my school is in tdcaa and started while ago. For JR, Senior and gr 9.

11. Lemons

Lemons Regular Member

dancing potatoes
    wow... well my school is stupid.. my coach is making the team in the beginning of april and the tournaments are in the beginnin of april so pretty much are team is usually scewed each year since our coach is a complete moron and changes doubles partners last minute at the tournament...

12. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

meh for past 3 or 4 weeks i've been playing with different partner every week in games. i'm guessing my coach doesn't know what to play me as... i'm either ganna be sub or mixed though

13. Lemons

Lemons Regular Member

dancing potatoes
    my school doesnt have sub... and they put the people they think that aren't good together for mixed..

14. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    Well, it's the same for my school too. I am a junior at Rick Hansen, and our team (junior) doesn't begin til late march/early april. Our senior/open team is already competing in invitationals though.

15. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    Rick Hansen did that to me too last season. They had me in some tournaments as boys doubles, the mixed, then all of a sudden at Ropssaa qualifiers I was put into boys doubles again.

16. Lemons

Lemons Regular Member

dancing potatoes
    i thought rick hansen starts early since their team pwns other every team as far as I've known my school team sucks... we lost most of our games only one of our players actually made it to the 2nd or 3rd round =P

17. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    No, we start around this time. This year our team is not the great however, the players that were on the team last year who took boys doubles first and second place and 1st and 2nd in offsaa have graduated. Well, there goes our 4 years Ropssaa open badminton champion winning streak. haha. Our junior team is not that great either...in terms of overall strength, I think Glen Forest is pretty strong.

18. Lemons

Lemons Regular Member

dancing potatoes
    yea... glenforest has the most players that advance to eveyrthing... most schools have a few good players just my school doesnt have any cept our seniors which most graduated last year or will next... hmm.. myabe i'll see you this yr at ropsaa.. isnt it at john fraser this yr and the championships are at yoru school?

19. liddokun

liddokun Regular Member

Student =D
    I have no idea where it's being held this year, usually it's at my school. If it isn't, then I don't know because our team hasn't started yet. Btw, what school are you from? Maybe I already know you. But if I don't, when the season begins, I'm the guy from Rick Hansen junior team with the pink overgrip (not hard to miss, haha). XD

20. Lemons

Lemons Regular Member

dancing potatoes
    ahaha.. i go to gonzaga... i don't know any guys from rick hansen :p jsut girls ...i think this year it's at john fraser since my coach is being gay and suggesting we can walk to the tournaments together which i object since we'll look like idiots XD and nice ...pink overgrip are u playing doubles or singles?

#20 Lemons, Mar 12, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2007