User Tag List

Thread: BG-65/66 blend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb BG-65/66 blend

Has anybody tried using such a combination, where BG-65 is used in the mains and BG-66 (or any other thin highly repulsive string) in the crosses? I tried searching for a thread such as this and didn't find any, maybe I didn't look hard enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I've never tried it myself but it seems pretty unrealistic to do such a thing. The two strings will not cooperate with each other especially if one is mcuh more repulsive than the other. It will be like stringing the racket at different tensions throughout the racket. It is an interesting idea but the durability of the BG 66 will not be any longer and I don't think it will be very effective. Perhaps I'm wrong but if someone has already tried it, it would be very interesting to know the results ^^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Thx LazyBuddy and I hate to revive an old thread like this, but I have to disagree with some of the comments made on that post, at least with my own personal experience. My mains are usually the ones to break, unless I hit a really bad mishit (a couple days ago) where the string broke near the grommets.
    The reason I bring up this topic is b/c as a former stringer for the local tennis club, I had to string many racquets pro blend style (that's what they call it). Noticing that the same phenomenon that occurs in tennis strings occurs in my badminton strings (ie the cross "dig" into the mains), I thought of trying such a combination.
    I guess the only way I'll find out is if I try it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket
    but I have to disagree with some of the comments made on that post, at least with my own personal experience.

I guess the only way I'll find out is if I try it.
    Try it then make ur own decision. I guess such selection is always a "personal preference" issue.