Results 1 to 3 of 3
03-03-2005, 10:42 AM #1
Small team tournament in Edmonton
Just found out this tourney happening in Edmonton in March. I think it's a fund raising event for the local high school badminton team .
here are the details.
1st Annual M.E.L. badminton team tournament.
. Date : March 12 & 13 (9-3:30)
. M.E. Lazerte high school – 144 ave- 66 street, across from londendery mall.
- Maximum entry of 24 teams.
- Each team consisting of 3 males and 3 females.
- Each team having a mens doubles, womens doubles and a mixed doubles team.
- A player can only play one event vs another team.
- Four groups of six teams
- $15 dollars per player.
- 1st place- $500 gift cert for winning team
- 2nd place- $300 gift cert for second place team
- 3rd place- $150 gift cert for third place team
- YELLOW NYLON shuttles will be used
. Preliminary rounds
- In preliminary rounds, every team (WD/MD/MX) plays the teams in its own group. One game up to 21 per category (ie, MD) for a total of three games total between two teams.
- At end of preliminary rounds, each team will be ranked according to the number of GAMES (not matches) won. In case of a tie with another team, head to head results will be the tie breaker and in case of a tie with more than two teams, points for vs points against will be used to determine final rankings.
. Playoff rounds
- Group “A” vs Group “B”, Group “D” vs Group “C”
- #1 in Group “A” vs #6 in Group “B” , 2 vs 4 etc….
- Single elimination, best out of three up (games up to 15 points). total number of GAMES won determines the winner vs another team.
- To Register email stefan bissani at firstname.lastname@example.org . Cash only, pay on arrival at the school. Pay for entire team ($90 dollars per team)
03-03-2005, 12:34 PM #2
Yeah the weekend of March 11-13 is nutz for tourneys.
Junior provincials in Settler
The team tourney I'm holding in Starthmore
and now this team tourney in Edmonton
Badminton is alive and well in Alberta
03-09-2005, 11:20 PM #3
whats the age groups?
By sia0_kia in forum General ForumReplies: 1: 03-15-2012, 03:12 AM
By Kelvin in forum Chit-ChatReplies: 13: 04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
By Skanbuzz in forum Racket Recommendation / ComparisonReplies: 21: 09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
By yonexfanatic in forum Canada WestReplies: 22: 05-22-2003, 03:31 AM