POLL: What shuttles do you use?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Togey, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Togey

Togey Regular Member

I normally use the carlton T800 medium, but just today I've bought a dozen AS-20s, and they are just wonderful - I'm not using plastic ever again! My friend and I went through 3 in 1hr though :( Not great for 13 quid...

btw, whats the difference between the AS-10 > AS-50s? The store manager said the higher the model number, the faster the shuttles are but I'm not sure.

#1 Togey, Mar 5, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    I used to use DTL Official or RSL No. 3 all the time, but I started using Mavis 350 and 300 again... I know, I know, people are gonna start jumping on me that feathers are better than nylons, I agree, however I'm playing with more beginners than I used to and frankly, I can't afford for them to be slicing my feathers into itty bitty bits all the time.

Difference between AS-20 and 50, I've tried both, though I've never compared them purposely, but overall I feel the difference is consistency of flight, consistency of the birds in the tube (tube of AS-50 has less flaws on the birds than AS-20) and durability. The one tube of AS-20 that I tried was pretty fragile, didn't last nearly as long as the as-50s.

What the manager said about the as-50 being faster than as-20 is debatable, if you get the same grade (red green or blue) the speed should theoretically be the same.

Personally though, I stay away from yonex feather birds because of the crazy prices. For the price of a tube of AS-50, you could get several tubes of same quality birds from other brands.

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

13 quid. you went to the wrong shop
    a dozen AS-20 are 8.75 at www.centralsports.co.uk

the store manager don't know shuttles
    the higher the model number the better the quality and consistency.

For Yonex the speed should be indiocated by a little sticker on the cap. In the UK you will probably only see speeds 2 and 3. 3 is faster than 2.

4. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    Personally for social hits with friends.. i use Epsilon Yellows.. they fly pretty well.. On Friday night comps.. the club uses a variety of brands.. Carlton, Sealion, RSL and a couple of others.. can't really remember their names.. :cool:

5. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    I personally use AS-50