Bad stringing job - please advice (with pic)

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by catbear, Mar 6, 2005.

1. catbear

catbear Regular Member

Hi,

My local stringer normally does a good job, but not this time.

I see the shape of the racket is clearly distorted. I am not sure how it happened. I can tell that 1 side of the string is very loose and the other side is very tight. The racket is strung at 23lb. The stringer also made a mistake putting the split strings thru the wrong gromit(see pic).

Do you think that the frame will be permanantly damagely, and can never go back to the original shape?

Is this serious enough that I should go back to the stringer to ask for a restring? I don't want to piss him off, but at the same time, I also don't want to risk my only few months old AT800DE.

Regards,
    CB

[​IMG]

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm. If you look carefully, this is something which will damage the frame. I think it's better to get it restrung. Don't take unnecessary risks.

Cheers.

Btw which part of Oz are you from?

3. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    Re

Hi,

i think the string was poorly strung. As frm the pic, the string r loose n not straight. (run out of space)
    it think its best to return the shop n tell the person again to restring.

ceng

4. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech

#4 Alexccs, Mar 6, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yah, unacceptable.
    I dunno how 2 strings could go thru that hole.
    The holes just above and below that one can take 2 strings but not that one shown in the photo.

6. catbear

catbear Regular Member

Hi Alexccs,

You are right. The wrong hole is a single string grommet. The one below it is a bigger one. I think the stringer forced them to go thru the single string grommet, and I can see that small grommet is a little damaged.

As far as the look is concerned, I think it was becoz of my cheap camera and the angle which I took the picture at. I can confirm that it is not a fake.

FYI, I went back to the stringer today. He didn't even have a second look before cutting the strings. The racket went back to the original shape :)

Hi FEND, I am from Sydney, but will be going back to HK soon...

Regards,
    CB

7. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    To me, the strings are all loose and flappy.

May I ask, what string was it?

8. cressidaracer

cressidaracer Regular Member

did he look drunk and kinda down that day? how can a experiance stringer make a mistake like that?... thats like really obvious... even to a noob...

9. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    I say go back and demand a restring. The proof is obvious, after all; it's not as if he can deny it. You paid for them for professional stringing-- what you got looks like a hack job.

Have you done your Armortec800 with this guy before (and not just other non-AT800 rackets)? Because perhaps maybe he messed up because he didn't know that AT800s (and the new NSes) require a different stringing patter from other rackets, it doesn't have grommet arrangement as most rackets.

Whatever the case, it's unacceptable-- firstly because he strung it wrong, secondly because either he didn't double check his work or he did and thought he could get away with it.

I don't think your racket would break right away from using it, but as others mentioend, why risk it? THe stringer owes you for this anway. If I were you, get your money and take it to some other stringer-- even if it's one case, professionals are paid to do their best -- and if they make mistakes, they're not supposed to just pass them off without noticing them or hoping that you don't notice them.

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Just bring the same racket and show it to your stringer. Oh man.. what was the tension? From what i can see is that , the tension is not that high , but still can do some amount of damage to your racket structure there if you are not aware of it.