Using high tension as a training tool

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by taneepak, Mar 6, 2005.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I have been experimenting with high string tension to find out how it compares with lower tension. I use various tensions, 25/27lbs, 26/28lbs, 27/29lbs, and 28.5/31lbs, on a variety of racquets. After a few weeks of extensive tests on the courts, with a variety of different players, I am more than convinced that high tension is an entirely different ball game. It gives you precision, exquisite crispness in your shots, and real power if you hit it right. Going back to below 24/26lbs is a big letdown, with it's bouncy shots and booming artillery that can land anywhere except where you want it to land. I have allowed other players to use these few racquets of various high tensions. What is surprising is that even intermediate players can adapt to high tension, but progressively. Most of them couldn't even handle 24/26lbs initially. But now most of them can handle 27/29lbs and a few 28.5/31lbs. The reason is that they adapt their style of play to go for that elusive but such exquisite power shot that is most satisfying.
    Now they are want high tension, but no store will string their racquet. So they now come to me for stringing. But my output is limited and is restricted to fellow players. :D

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Mmm. Good way to increase business I see ;)