User Tag List

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jk1980
    I have all Ti-10 gen, and all have almost same BP and yes it head heavy....290-295 mm (empty) is consider slighty head heavy at least for me. Stiffness is different, gen 3 is the stiffest then gen 1 and gen 2 the last but all different very slighty.
    The shaft say is even balance dont bothering that. All gen have same feel also, i strung all gen with 66 sharp at 26 lbs and i'm very sure there was no significant different feel for those three

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by issarakaya View Post
    @jk1980
    I have all Ti-10 gen, and all have almost same BP and yes it head heavy....290-295 mm (empty) is consider slighty head heavy at least for me. Stiffness is different, gen 3 is the stiffest then gen 1 and gen 2 the last but all different very slighty.
    The shaft say is even balance dont bothering that. All gen have same feel also, i strung all gen with 66 sharp at 26 lbs and i'm very sure there was no significant different feel for those three
    It is not head heavy compared to AT 700, 900p but it is stiffer than the duo. For those who say it is head heavy, your wraist is not power enough. I can control the racket very well and dont feel the heaviness on the head at all. Maybe the 2U Gen1 feel a bit more head heavy because it is 2U. heehee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    >290mm is head heavy, i know this also from this forum........before that i never care about it as long the racket is nice to use i never see the specs
    AT900P and At700 BP is around 295-310 mm, i have at900P and BP is 300 mm (empty) but i dont use it to play since i feel the racket was lack of defense capability, i use at900T, Ti-10 and Mizuno TC700 for play and all of them is head heavy And for stiffness i think my Mizuno is the stiffest than all my racket and BP is 315 mm hehehehehe
    Last edited by issarakaya; 01-01-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do to the your TC700 ? How come the BP is 315mm ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    open the basic grip and put YY ac 102 directly to the wood handle...... when empty BP is around 305 mm add string and open the grip like that would move BP about 10 mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi issarakaya
    i can see in the forum that u have quite alot of experience with rackets of different makes and models as well
    i would like to ask if u have tried apacs MP90 or 95 b4 ??
    if u have then can i ask what is it like compared to the current Ti-10 racket ?? (head and overall heaviness/feel/power translation from hand to racket to shuttle/etc etc)
    thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still a newbie here
    and for your question i cant answer, i never tried AMP 90/95 to play yet so i cant give you detail information about that. But for swing speed Ti-10 is more faster, stiffness about the same, overall heaviness is depend on type AMP95>AMP90>Ti-10 3U. Maybe other member can help you to more detail or you can ask @Dinkalot, he have tried Ti-10 and now he using AMP 95 (if i'm not wrong )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ... i think i will just ask him
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allanQ is jumping ship ! allan I think you can try it out yourself whenever jk1980 comes to the session, he's using the 2nd gen Ti10, even at pertama the only available is 2nd gen yellow Ti-10. But I see some in BC garage sales theres a dude letting go of his Ti10 at attractive price, if I havent got my replacement I surely go and check out the racket from the seller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using 3rd gen bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not jumping ship la ... i have been a YY user all my years of badminton
    only lately decided to give myself a chance to try other brand due to extreme pricing of YY rackets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eyh, ya, joe is using 3rd gen actually. My mistake gome gome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex Ti series have larger (wider) head frame? before, by the way I look, I always believe Yonex Ti series have larger head frame (especially width) than cab series.

Strung my ti10 2nd gen rackets the past several days. I usually strung with 25lbs, therefore, the string tension should be a non-factor. After strung, I compared the head size with a cab 8600ti and a calrton powerblade 9902. I found rackets are slightly wider than two of them.I don't think that's because I screw up the string process by putting "non enough" extra force on cross, since my ti10 are not any shorter (head frame only, measured from throat gromments to top gromments) than the cab 8600ti and a calrton powerblade 9902.

So, am I right about my previous assumption? Or, there might be structure factors involved, such as "widebody", etc?

any info please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-10 is actually thinner than Armortec if you lay the frames out and compare. Not quite sure about the carbonex frames, but the Ti-10 is slim, like the ARC and slim10 stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then would the Ti-mesh inside the Ti-10 make up for is thin frame in terms of durability? Otherwise, it would seem illogical. Although, the risk factor of it breaking under high tension heightens since there's less material.
    Last edited by phaaam; 01-04-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ti-mesh is supposed to make the racquet more durable, that's why the Ti-10 is known to be a beast in durability. And because of the mesh, the Ti-10 is able to support high tension, that's why pros string it up to 30 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I heard, any of the higher end Yonex rackets can take up 30lbs easily.

As to the durability...

I've seen Ti-10 3rd gen broken and disfigured like hell at NVBA rubbish bin (not mine but gave me nightmare).

I know wu_kong, another forumer broke his Ti-10 (from smashing) and didn't dare to use the spare Ti-10 already...(must be damn rich to be able to buy 2 Ti-10).

So I think Ti-10 is not really all that durable...it IS stiff...which may contribute to it more easily being broken for hard smashers. It seems logical to me that a flexible shaft won't break that easily bcuz it can absorb the force of the impact.

Anyway, I can't really smash hard....yet, so I'm safe probably .

But the paint really DOES chip of easily. Mishit shuttle also chip. Damn....

But i really love it cuz it feels great for net play. Probably because it's stiff. So very easy to control. Especially strung with a higher tension (mine's 25 lbs, not really that high i know but it's gives off a nice sound when lightly tapping the shuttle for netplay)

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast