User Tag List

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at900t is definitely more head heavy without a doubt .. and not really preferable in fast double matches for me altho i do have it ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it true 2nd and 3d gen Ti10 is easily to brake?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wan Njang View Post
    Is it true 2nd and 3d gen Ti10 is easily to brake?
    Don't try to brake the follow through too much, or you will injure your wrist.

But so far for me, the Ti10 is still intact after play.

In theory, 3rd Gen ti-10 should be more durable due to ultra high modulus graphite, slightly stiffer and doesn't have the naked 'Ti-mesh' composite of the 2nd Gen. Paint quality of 3rd gen is better than 2nd gen.
    Last edited by Badmintan; 03-29-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badmintan View Post
    Don't try to brake the follow through too much, or you will injure your wrist.

But so far for me, the Ti10 is still intact after play.

In theory, 3rd Gen ti-10 should be more durable due to ultra high modulus graphite, slightly stiffer and doesn't have the naked 'Ti-mesh' composite of the 2nd Gen. Paint quality of 3rd gen is better than 2nd gen.
    Hehehe...wrong brake lah...

Btw...what's ur string tension? Yonex recomend max up to 22lbs only but i am use to play with 26lbs. Will it effect my Ti10 durability if i put up to that tension?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me just got a new 3rd gen purple Ti-10 & i'm loving it!

it's definitely better than my decade old Carbonex 21 SP. Hehe..only complaint is that i should have strung it at a higher tension. 24lbs on BG66 seems insufficient for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe...wrong brake lah...

Btw...what's ur string tension? Yonex recomend max up to 22lbs only but i am use to play with 26lbs. Will it effect my Ti10 durability if i put up to that tension?
    24lbs. I dunno, it depends on the skill of the stringer. Make sure, the stringer has a good reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24lbs. I dunno, it depends on the skill of the stringer. Make sure, the stringer has a good reputation.
    I have both 2nd n 3rd gen and planning to add one more but dunno which gen. Which one is more durable u think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have both 2nd n 3rd gen and planning to add one more but dunno which gen. Which one is more durable u think?
    For sure 3rd Gen is more durable, the 2nd gen chips easily, especially the white paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure 3rd Gen is more durable, the 2nd gen chips easily, especially the white paint.
    But I heard that the 3rd gen is more fragile compare to the 2nd gen one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way to know the durabilty unless you are wiling to sacrifice the 2 racquets and subject it to compression forces using e.g. Instron machine and see how many Newtons it takes to break the racquet.

Then you can say X breaks at 100N and Y breaks at 90N, therefore X is more durable than Y.

Or try asking the manufacturer [Yonex] for their specs or durability data?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AFAIK, 2nd and 3rd gen both also not durable. if want durable better get some other non yonex racket as replacement ie. victor brave sword 09, fleet woven 888, wilson ktour, rsl diamond x3, apacs amp90, kason tsf 300... they all are good rackets and can string at high tension with official guaranty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just like to say many thanks to all who posted their views about the Ti10 as I was sitting on the fence on whether to purchase it... info here is really informative and helpful. Really appreciate it!

Actually I am planning to get both the 2nd and 3rd gen + the Armortec 700 Ltd, 3 rackets together at one go from my regular badminton shop, Gala Sports, Queensway. They will give me MORE discounts this way I reckon and besides I already bought 3 rackets from them this year in a span of 6 weeks hehe.. 2 actually as the 3rd one was a gift but bought from them also (ArcSaber10, NanoSpeed 9900, Armortec 900 Power).

They have both the 2nd gen and 3rd gen Ti10 on sale there.. both at the same price. Prior to reading this thread I managed to have a feel of both of them. Felt that the 2nd gen yellow is head heavier than the 3rd gen purple. Actual playability of the rackets will be at the courts when I have them in my possession. Cosmetics wise the purple is more appealing otherwise they looks the same with different colours..

Now I have to look for reviews here about the Armortec 700 Ltd..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi,
    Can ti1- 2nd gen still can be found in queensway shoppping complex? Nowadays is hard to find ti1o 2nd gen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone knows the if ti 10 3rd gen g4 and g5 version which one better. any significant difference like g5 making the racket more head heavy? i got a g4 w/o checking. it keeps playing on my mind that g5 might be better and im getting abit regretful.

anyway aramistuscany, gala sports is on which level? are their ti10s g5 or g4? wats the best price u were quoted there?

hey gancy, i think the 2nd gen are still avail. saw quite a few when i went there 1.5 months ago. theres 1 at 10&10, bras brasa complex too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yashirob View Post
    anyone knows the if ti 10 3rd gen g4 and g5 version which one better. any significant difference like g5 making the racket more head heavy? i got a g4 w/o checking. it keeps playing on my mind that g5 might be better and im getting abit regretful.

anyway aramistuscany, gala sports is on which level? are their ti10s g5 or g4? wats the best price u were quoted there?

hey gancy, i think the 2nd gen are still avail. saw quite a few when i went there 1.5 months ago. theres 1 at 10&10, bras brasa complex too.
    i have ti-10 3rd gen, 3UG5, it's feels very fast on defense yet able to give good power for smashes, while i haven't tried a G4 before, i do know that if i use 2 layers of grip, there is less power from smashes. Thinner grip works for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aramistuscany View Post
    I would just like to say many thanks to all who posted their views about the Ti10 as I was sitting on the fence on whether to purchase it... info here is really informative and helpful. Really appreciate it!

Actually I am planning to get both the 2nd and 3rd gen + the Armortec 700 Ltd, 3 rackets together at one go from my regular badminton shop, Gala Sports, Queensway. They will give me MORE discounts this way I reckon and besides I already bought 3 rackets from them this year in a span of 6 weeks hehe.. 2 actually as the 3rd one was a gift but bought from them also (ArcSaber10, NanoSpeed 9900, Armortec 900 Power).

They have both the 2nd gen and 3rd gen Ti10 on sale there.. both at the same price. Prior to reading this thread I managed to have a feel of both of them. Felt that the 2nd gen yellow is head heavier than the 3rd gen purple. Actual playability of the rackets will be at the courts when I have them in my possession. Cosmetics wise the purple is more appealing otherwise they looks the same with different colours..

Now I have to look for reviews here about the Armortec 700 Ltd..
    hey there, i see you have quite a collection. which one do you usually play with out of the arc10, ns9.9k, at900p? the ti10 (2nd/3rd) dont seem to fit into the arc10 as the arc10 is less stiff, bigger framed, and heavier. and at900p is head heavy and the new ti10s are head light (but it feels more balanced)
    other than collecting wouldnt you prefer to buy a racket that you are familiar and comfortable with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yashirob View Post

Gala Sports
    #01-33 Queensway Shopping Centre
    Tel: 6476 1227

They quoted me $175 each for both 2nd & 3rd gen incl. strings (excl high-end, high-end will have to top-up a bit) and any grip in the shop. As a regular customer I will probably get lower than that.. not sure what price they will offer for new customers.

Anyway when I go there I buy a whole bunch of things and they will give discounts for individual items and after totalling it up will give me further discounts. Probably also I pay in cash and do not use my credit cards or NETS. I help them defray the transaction cost and they past on the savings to me.

I go back to them because they give me good service and also importantly how they string my rackets and the priority they give to me. I have been to quite a few shops around Singapore and somehow the way the propreitor string the rackets just puts me off.

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast