User Tag List

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by concretemad View Post
    pls don't swap yours with a 3rd generation. seen at least 4 broken in minor (in one really really light) clashes. but they were strung in at high tension. last 'accident' was last week. wonder 2nd generation doing better.
    Hard to say, lots of users in HK and I've seen them clash and I haven't seen them break yet (perhaps the difference in string tension?). Same with the second gen but overall, the 1st gen is the most durable for sure.
    Last edited by ryim_; 01-18-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just wondering, why does the 2U Ti-10 1st gen worth a lot more money than the 3U version especially for collection purposes?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Blitzzards

2U version of Ti.10 is quite rare; provided 2nd gen and 1st gen of Ti.10 which are quite rare nowadays, so the price of 2U version of this respective generation is increasing as well..
    Yonex produces smaller number of 2U version as compared to its brother, 3U.
    For example: In producing 50 pieces 3U rackets, YY will only produce 1 piece of 2U racket. so the ratio is like 1 : 50.

2U racket is said to be more powerful compared to the 3U.
    more solid build, due to denser material incorporated in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    2U version of Ti.10 is quite rare; provided 2nd gen and 1st gen of Ti.10 which are quite rare nowadays, so the price of 2U version of this respective generation is increasing as well..
    Yonex produces smaller number of 2U version as compared to its brother, 3U.
    For example: In producing 50 pieces 3U rackets, YY will only produce 1 piece of 2U racket. so the ratio is like 1 : 50.

2U racket is said to be more powerful compared to the 3U.
    more solid build, due to denser material incorporated in it.
    Thanks for the information, Licin. I never knew this fact actually existed. As an owner of two 2U 1st gen Ti-10s what I can say about the racquet is that it probably packs slightly more power than the other racquets but the reason for that IMHO is due to the very stiff overall feel of the racquet. There is also a "magnum recoil" which I stated above that comes from the impact of smashes with the racquet.

Although the most significant thing I want to point out in regards to the racquet's performance is that the 2U version does feel very hard and stiff on impact and with the 90g plus weight it may not be the best racquet to actually use.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post

Although the most significant thing I want to point out in regards to the racquet's performance is that the 2U version does feel very hard and stiff on impact and with the 90g plus weight it may not be the best racquet to actually use.
    That is the reason why Yonex only produces small amount of 2U rackets, it is not user friendly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryim_ View Post
    Hard to say, lots of users in HK and I've seen them clash and I haven't seen them break yet (perhaps the difference in string tension?). Same with the second gen but overall, the 1st gen is the most durable for sure.
    suprised. of how high tension are they strung at normally? those i have seen normally at 26-28. and they clashed with other brand racket. possible wat u guys hav in hk not d same with those we can get here? ti10 3rd gen is a good buy at ard rm500 but from those i have seen, a player may need half a dozen of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suprised. of how high tension are they strung at normally? those i have seen normally at 26-28. and they clashed with other brand racket. possible wat u guys hav in hk not d same with those we can get here? ti10 3rd gen is a good buy at ard rm500 but from those i have seen, a player may need half a dozen of them.
    Honestly, I don't know how high the rackets were strung at but the ones I have are at 26lbs. I'm sure the rackets are the same but perhaps there are variations in different batches, who knows. Or maybe, players in Hong Kong don't hit as hard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ryim,

in the last clash i have seen. really light (unless the shuttlers have kind of 'inner qi' like in kungfu movie) clash. both like went to block (not drive) a smash. the other racket survived the clash without a paint chip. i had a mp66 ended up the same but i guess it was notorious for tat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ryim,

in the last clash i have seen. really light (unless the shuttlers have kind of 'inner qi' like in kungfu movie) clash. both like went to block (not drive) a smash. the other racket survived the clash without a paint chip. i had a mp66 ended up the same but i guess it was notorious for tat.
    I've seen many clashes (light and hard) and they seem to be okay. Maybe some of them were 2Us, I really can't comment because I was just watching from the adjacent court. I haven't read much about durability problems from these new ti-10s. Perhaps other BCF members can tell us more if there are such issues with the racket.
    Last edited by ryim_; 01-18-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti10 users plaease input!!!

hay every body, I'm tryn yo get myself a yonex ti10 for along time(its like a dream racquet 4 me..!)but i wasn't able 2 find one ! now in my local sports(they r YY dealers in our area) shop i came across a yonex ti10(gen lll), and I might get it for around ~$90-95......hehe...oks here is the question, should i get the 3U version thats ready available, or should i go for a 2U , in shop owners words might be available with in a month or so???......from wat i read in the forum, 2U is very powerful,but a bit lagging in defense(like a good 2U should), so i'm tempted to get a 3U..I use 24-25LBS tension when using BG6,and 1-2 lbs more if goin for any string thicker than that.(BG65/80)... currently playn with Armortec 50 with BP around 305~310mm(will be selling it). also has a cab 20sp(will not sell!!!), i like it because of its slim shaft....
    Last edited by anandalphonse; 01-19-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: nee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the 2U, if u dun like it. Sell it to me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anandalphonse View Post
    hay every body, I'm tryn yo get myself a yonex ti10 for along time(its like a dream racquet 4 me..!)but i wasn't able 2 find one ! now in my local sports(they r YY dealers in our area) shop i came across a yonex ti10(gen lll), and I might get it for around ~$90-95......hehe...oks here is the question, should i get the 3U version thats ready available, or should i go for a 2U , in shop owners words might be available with in a month or so???......from wat i read in the forum, 2U is very powerful,but a bit lagging in defense(like a good 2U should), so i'm tempted to get a 3U..I use 24-25LBS tension when using BG6,and 1-2 lbs more if goin for any string thicker than that.(BG65/80)... currently playn with Armortec 50 with BP around 305~310mm(will be selling it). also has a cab 20sp(will not sell!!!), i like it because of its slim shaft....
    Ask yourself this question: will you prefer the racquet slightly heavier or slightly lighter? The main difference between 2U and 3U is only just about 5g anyway. Some people prefer 2U because it feels more solid and "fuller with mass" while some prefer 3U because it doens't weigh as much especially when they start tiring themselves halfway through their games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2U is only powerful if you can wield it. most players would be better off with the 3U in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup ...!I am more indented to get 3u actually...cauz this racquet is a bit unusual with long shaft n all...i bet it will be quite difficult to retrieve the shuttle played close to body by opponent!!!but hey thats wat makes this baby different....!!!
    and one more thing guys , pls input to the string tension factor i mentioned in my earlier post ...does 26-27 lbs seem too high for Ti10(gen lll)????minimum string tension that i can adapt to is about 25LBs.....
    ~^anand
    Last edited by anandalphonse; 01-20-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: nee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I broke 5 Ti-10s in 2 years. They are extremely nice to play with but just not worth the effort and money

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes800 View Post
    I broke 5 Ti-10s in 2 years. They are extremely nice to play with but just not worth the effort and money
    which generation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes800 View Post
    mind providing some more information...? such as string tension and how it broke...etc

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast